PDA

View Full Version : I lost my cell phone on the shurbure trail!

dangergirl
02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
If anyone was up at Pinkham notch/sherburne trail/hermit lake shelter and found a red cell phone, please let me know! I lost it on Sunday!

spyboy
02-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I heard the fox has it and has been running up charges calling his cousins in Quebec. :)

Bill O
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Javier predicted this.

Brad
02-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I will look for it in the spring when the snow melts.

dangergirl
02-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I am actually glad it was my phone and not my car keys! They were in the same pocket and I forgot to zip it! :)

dangergirl
02-03-2009, 06:35 AM
That's kinda what I thought would happen! I just didn't want to give up hope so fast! ;)

Bill O
02-03-2009, 07:24 AM
My car keys rarely travel with me in the mountains for just that reason.

MelNino
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Javier predicted this.

hahahha, nice :)

Sorry about your phone, DG, I hope someone finds it.

krummholz
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
So Bill, after you lock your car at the trailhead, the keys go into one of those magnetic boxes that you stick on the car frame? (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for your license plate number!)

My pack has a built-in key ring. Very nice.

Either the fox has taken the phone, or Corey's Evil Bunny. They like to chat with their many cousins about the next evil plot they are hatching.

Brad
02-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I am sure the Evil Bunny has it and is having a hare raising time with it.

My pack has a zipper pouch with a clip in it. The keys get clipped and the zipper zipped. That has worked well in every case - for years - since the beginning of time - except for once. We met the rest of the family on the summit after they came up by train. A cousin was in no shape to hike back down (according to him - but he could have done fine if he wanted to or needed to). So he took the cog down - with the pack with my car keys in it. Keys on west side of the mountain. Car at PNVC on the east side of the mountain.

We had a second car at PNVC and that one raced to get the keys. It worked out well - but keep the pack with you!

Steve M
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I'll keep my eyes open for it when I am up there for STP.:p

dangergirl
02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
We should make a contest out of this! Lets pick dates to see how long it will take for someone to find it! My guess is June 24th. :) Winner gets a 6 pack?

Charlie
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
i have a extra key in my wallet
now as long as i dont have my keys and wallet in the same pocket i will be ok

we can keep calling your phone as you hike back up ,hurry before it goes dead

billysinc
02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
The fox just called me from your phone. He told me if I split the six pack with him he'll give me the date.

Charlie
02-04-2009, 08:29 PM
the fox just called me from your phone. He told me if i split the six pack with him he'll give me the date.

good one :D:D:D:D:D

Brad
02-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Is there anyone on this forum, except Santa, who is serious about much of anything?

dangergirl
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I can't believe it! I got a call from Pinkham notch tonight and they are mailing me my phone! I am so excited! I can't believe how awesome they are at Pinkham! I was shocked that they actually took the time to call me and to return it to me! Very cool!!!!! :) Now I will have all my friends phone numbers again! Losing all my stored numbers was the worst part! I am definately backing them up when I get the phone back! Guess I owe the people at Pinkham the six pack! :)

TrishandAlex
02-05-2009, 06:20 AM
That's great! :D

billysinc
02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
That's good news. I run allot and over the past 3-4 years I've found 4 phones on the ground during my runs. I was able to re-unite 3 of the owners with them. The fourth had been driven over and was pretty flat.

I look at it as if it were my phone I would hope someone would be responsible enough to return it just like a wallet. I can imagine what it would be like to have something with personal info missing like that.

Jimmy Legs and Little d
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
This could be the beginning of a new Thread.

Items Found On A Hike and Returned to Owner.

Once while hiking Baxter State Park I found a wallet with money and credit cards in it.
I gave it to the ranger at the entrance and he mailed it to the owner.
The guy sent me $20 with thanks.

Jimmy Legs

CHRIS
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Twice I found stuff. One time I was leaving a grocery store and found a pocket book with cash, credit cards and stuff and I refused to bring it to the courtesy desk or police. because I know what happens sometimes things disappear. I found the ladies drivers license and brought it right to her door. She was surprised.
The next time I seen a guy stumble on the snow and when I drove by where he stumbled there was a man purse with over 900.00 dollars in cash and credit cards but he had already got on the trian. So I tracked his father down by the info. in the wallet and his dad came to my work and picked it up but this case I never even got a thank you from either one of them.

corey.mcentyre
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Is there anyone on this forum, except Santa, who is serious about much of anything?

Brad? Brad Bradstreet? Seriously .. you are asking if they are serious about anything??

Steve M
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Are YOU talking to ME????:)

Steve M
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey, we should have a lost and found section of the forums and have Bill run the trails looking for lost items. Great exercise and a meaningful career?

Brad
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I can't believe it! I got a call from Pinkham notch tonight and they are mailing me my phone! I am so excited! I can't believe how awesome they are at Pinkham! I was shocked that they actually took the time to call me and to return it to me! Very cool!!!!! :) Now I will have all my friends phone numbers again! Losing all my stored numbers was the worst part! I am definately backing them up when I get the phone back! Guess I owe the people at Pinkham the six pack! :)
Wonderful news. The folks at Pinkham today told me there were two added contact entries in your phone - Summit Fox and Evil Bunny.