Let the fun begin!!!

KD Talbot
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
but who will be first in line for turkey? :D

KDT

fifteendays
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Off we go....

FYI-- We'll be picking away at some of the new functionality that was discussed over in the STP/New Media thread as time goes on.

Most of the big changes to the site are "under the hood", integrating it with our new online fundraising software. However, you can now upload a video and a profile pic to your hiker page and share your page with friends with the new Bookmark & Share feature.

More to come...

Scot
MWO Staff

faegilr
02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah!! I've been itching to go hiking all this week and now I really want to get back :)

Cannot wait!

CHRIS
02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Great job to everybody involved with getting the site up and running. I am 5th not 1st but I guess better than last :D. Now all I have to do is figure out which picture to put on and size it small enough. So far either to big or looks blurry :confused:.

http://www.seekthepeak.org/view.php?p=CHRISTOPHERBOURGEOIS

Charlie
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
im in

it does not mater where you are on the list if you want to be first then fut your name a AAA :D

mtruman
02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Way to go Erich. Somehow had a feeling you might be at the top of the list to register :)

Now we can start counting the days...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_KuEV5mt1_ak/SYsKFZ4S2PI/AAAAAAAAIf4/A6NfYVM8EYc/STP%2009%20Countdown.jpg

Rich
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Good luck everyone!!

It doesn't matter where in line your name is, as long as you're going up!

Steve M
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm registered too. Can't wait! Let the fund begin!:D

Dee3
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Ahh Blue Dog it says you are second. LOL I signed up too, i just dont have a donation page set up. Going to just send mine in.

BlueDog
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I should have grabbed a screen shot when I was the first and only hiker on the list! Which is what I originally meant by "First!"

:D :p

MsCntry
02-07-2009, 04:16 AM
My page is up and running!! Come Hell or High Water, and a butt load of pain pills and muscle relaxers in my pack, I will do my best to make it up that mountain!! Everyone knows that I have two herniated discs in my lower back that prevented me from participating last year, BUT never say things can't get any worse. My mother had it, and I knew it was only a matter of time seeing as it is hereditary, and my sister got it before me; I have been recently diagnosed with a debilitating disease called Fibromyalgia. If anyone wants to read my sob story to my friends and family, be my guest, and feel free to comment!! LOL It is called "Against All Odds"
http://www.seekthepeak.org/view.php?p=MsCntry

Now all I have to do is figure out which picture to put on and size it small enough. So far either to big or looks blurry :confused:.

If you need help with your picture I will do my best :)

but who will be first in line for turkey? :D

KDTDefinitely won't be me LOL I will probably be last, unless someone or a few someone want to stick with me and help Joe encourage me up the mountain in a timely manner!! LOL

I should have grabbed a screen shot when I was the first and only hiker on the list! Which is what I originally meant by "First!"

:D :p ***Hugs*** the cute little blue doggy. It's ok hunny we believe you. :D

BlueDog
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Yay Diane! Glad to see you signed up. (And before the hubby got his done too, bonus.) As far as getting to the top... simply follow the trail of little orange flags and we'll make sure you get there! :D

Charlie
02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Diane i know from experience that you dont have to make it to the top to have a good day
i got to my top for the day and it was the best hike i ever had ,it was just below loins head when my legs cramped up and had to go down .
i got to that point because of my hiking friends for the day Brad and Corey ,with out them i would have turned back way before that and also Brad kept saying we will pop out of the trees soon . he started to say that tucks loin head split :D

so do what you can and we will all have a fun day doing it

CHRIS
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks Diane for the offer but I already got help (cause i needed it) but thanks anyways. I am excited I already have 7 people donated to my site and I am up to $120.00. I hope it keeps growing.

MsCntry
02-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Yay Diane! Glad to see you signed up. (And before the hubby got his done too, bonus.) As far as getting to the top... simply follow the trail of little orange flags and we'll make sure you get there! :D Thank you my favorite little doggie!! It wasn't by luck that I got my page in before Joe though. He has had to drive south to Dover to live with his family 5 days a week to work so we can stay in this beautiful town we are in. So I only see him for about a day and a half and he is gone again :( I messaged him, and emailed him about it, but apparently he was not able to get a WiFi signal last night, or he was too busy with cab fares to get on the puter. I am sure if he doesn't get it tonight, that he will definitely do it when he comes home after work tomorrow.

Diane i know from experience that you dont have to make it to the top to have a good day
i got to my top for the day and it was the best hike i ever had ,it was just below loins head when my legs cramped up and had to go down .
i got to that point because of my hiking friends for the day Brad and Corey ,with out them i would have turned back way before that and also Brad kept saying we will pop out of the trees soon . He started to say that tucks loin head split :D

so do what you can and we will all have a fun day doing itThank you so much for the wonderful encouragement Charlie!! I will do my best, and all that matters is that we have fun, and we raise money for our beloved Friends at the Observatory ;) :p

Thanks Diane for the offer but I already got help (cause i needed it) but thanks anyways. I am excited I already have 7 people donated to my site and I am up to $120.00. I hope it keeps growing. Awesome job Chris!! Keep up the great work!!

No problem, I am more than happy to help when I can!! ;)

I would however like everyone's opinion on the easiest trail to take up the mountain so that I have a fighting chance!!:D

Steve M
02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Diane, How much do I need to give you for our STP flags?

faegilr
02-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Diane for the offer but I already got help (cause i needed it) but thanks anyways. I am excited I already have 7 people donated to my site and I am up to $120.00. I hope it keeps growing.

How the heck did you do that already?! :)

I need to get my butt into gear!

MsCntry
02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Diane, How much do I need to give you for our STP flags?

Steve,

I have to find my list somewhere around this messy house LOL How many did you order?? They are $2 each, and shipping cost if you feel like it. I am not picky on that one LOL. :D PM me with all your info and such and we can work out arrangements!!

I need to get my butt into gear!I understand what you are saying!! That was quick!! I just got my first $10!! LOL

CHRIS
02-08-2009, 10:01 AM

I need to get my butt into gear!

Begging lots of begging :D. No really I was talking to people since the end of last years and they said they would donate this year. Plus my son is stationed in N.C. (Marines) so he is asking all his buddies to donate to. They only 5-10 each but it all adds up.

MsCntry
02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Begging lots of begging :D. No really I was talking to people since the end of last years and they said they would donate this year. Plus my son is stationed in N.C. (Marines) so he is asking all his buddies to donate to. They only 5-10 each but it all adds up.

Hey you tell him to stay away from my son!! If I get ahold of him he is gunna sponsor his mom!! LOL :D

Maybe they have met?? Camp Lejuene right?? My son is Justin Larsen, he is in disperment. He is scheduled to be deployed to Japan at the end of the year I think.

But you just gave me a great idea!! Thanks!! Mine will be going through Texas Soon!! LOL

Good Luck!! I just got another $5 LOL Slow but steady wins the race!!!

Caffeine Addict
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
ok all signed up ready to go :D

CHRIS
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
My son says his base is called New River. Which I believe is really part of Camp Lejune. He has volunteered twice to be deployed but thank goodness they have not. He takes care of safety equipment on the helicopters. He only has a few months left but he is thinking of reinlisting because there is no work up here. As long has he don't get sent over seas thats fine with me. Tell your son to be safe and make sure to come home.

MsCntry
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I will definitely do that thank you!! He isn't going into any fighting zones, Thank God, I just think he wants to get off the base and see the world while he is still young. He found a girlfriend on the base, and he will be a daddy right before or just after he is deployed. She is stationed at Lejeune also. :)

CHRIS
02-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Tell him I said congradulations. My son is getting married this June and wants to have a baby right away but his girl friend says NO not for a while. As he puts it he wants to have one now while he has the medical and is young (24).He wanted to travel but his wife (to be) does not want to.

MsCntry
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow, I do hope they can sit down and calmly talk about all these differences of choice they have. Those are some heavy issues to go into a marriage with. Just tell them (coming from a future psychologist LOL) to always make sure if they get mad enough to yell at each other walk away. Once they calm down then they can come back and discuss it rationally. Anything said out of anger hurts, and they don't want that. Also tell them to always make sure they settle their problems by the time they eat dinner. NEVER go to bed angry at each other, because the make up sessions are great LOL. Joe and I have followed these simple rules since we have been together, and we are 3 years into an amazing relationship that is only getting better each day. :)

But I think we might want to get back to the subject of the thread and go to PMs LOL :D

Joe is Signed up and I got another $15 today!! Slow but steady!! :D

MsCntry
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
WOO HOO Watch that thermometer rise!! Got another donation today of $50!! Up to $80 so far!! $20 more and I have my bag before Joe!! :D:D

Any offers??;) :p

Stets
02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
All signed up and ready to roll!

Best of luck to all.

mtruman
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
All signed up and ready to roll!

Best of luck to all.

Look forward to seeing you and Hunter again this year. I'm really delinquent in signing up but we're trying to work through the logistics for all of us going this year including my daughter and want to have our fundraising plan in order before creating our pages. I know, the clock is ticking...

MsCntry
02-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Look forward to seeing you and Hunter again this year. I'm really delinquent in signing up but we're trying to work through the logistics for all of us going this year including my daughter and want to have our fundraising plan in order before creating our pages. I know, the clock is ticking...

Understandable LOL Joe and I are "discussing" who gets who's donations since we are both signed up LOL. Depending on how I feel from year to year now, is whether or not I will be able to sign up again. Or I can sign up and grab donations, just not do the hike LOL. We will cross that bridge when we get there though!!

Hurry Hurry!!! http://bestsmileys.com/clocks/8.gif :D

BlueDog
02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
... just not do the hike ...

Diane! Don't even utter those words!

Stets
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey Mark and Nat, I,m amazed that a slowpoke like me got our page up and running. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trail this summer.

I hope you can work it out so Jamie will join you.

It will be a blast!

As usual I will be trailing Hunter up the trails.

We were lucky with logistics this year as you were in 2008 with your Greenleaf/Galehead/Zealand trip. Hunter begins his AMC Mount Washington Spike Teen Trail Crew trip Sunday, the day after STP. Check out his testimonial on the AMC website.

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation/trails/volunteer/trailopps/alpine-teen-crew.cfm

What a great way to warm up with a climb up the rockpile.

We are also working on a hut to hut trip this summer.

Not sure when that will be.

MsCntry
02-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Diane! Don't even utter those words!

Well my sweet little blue doggie, I have to face the facts. As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail :(. It is a disease that just progressively gets worse, but I will do as much hiking as I can, as long as I can. Ya never know!! My mother is 64 and has fibro, and her meds work so well she climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree last month!! They just adjusted my medication again, and it is the maximum dose possible, so we will see what happens!! Lord knows I don't want to ever stop doing what I love!! ;)

BlueDog
02-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Well my sweet little blue doggie, I have to face the facts. As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail :(. It is a disease that just progressively gets worse, but I will do as much hiking as I can, as long as I can. Ya never know!! My mother is 64 and has fibro, and her meds work so well she climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree last month!! They just adjusted my medication again, and it is the maximum dose possible, so we will see what happens!! Lord knows I don't want to ever stop doing what I love!! ;)

As long as we see ya out there! Doesn't matter if you get to the top or not. I hear you have to at least get on the trail in order to be allow in for the turkey dinner. ;)

MsCntry
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
As long as we see ya out there! Doesn't matter if you get to the top or not. I hear you have to at least get on the trail in order to be allow in for the turkey dinner. ;)

Oh you will never get me to stay away from STP!! I would be happy with just collecting money for MWO!! You guys know I will always do my best. With friends like all of you on here supporting and encouraging me, you can count on that!! Well I think I can handle stepping onto the trail for a good turkey dinner ;). Last year Joe kept rubbing it in that the dinner was really good, and the fact that I missed it!!:mad:

CHRIS
02-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.If you are feeling up to it get out there and enjoy it no matter how far you get. You are already participating in raising money and doing the flags. If you cannot hike you should still be proud of what you are doing by helping this good cause. Even if you cannot make it out there that day I think we would be all honored to have you sit at the table with us.

On another note why was your 64 year old mother climbing a tree?

MsCntry
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.If you are feeling up to it get out there and enjoy it no matter how far you get. You are already participating in raising money and doing the flags. If you cannot hike you should still be proud of what you are doing by helping this good cause. Even if you cannot make it out there that day I think we would be all honored to have you sit at the table with us.

On another note why was your 64 year old mother climbing a tree?

You don't understand Chris, I am just like my mother. I am stubborn, pigheaded, and just plain determined to accomplish everything I do!! I know myself too well. I am going to get up on that trail, if I get to hurting too bad, I will take some pain pills, if people say are you ok? Of COURSE I am OK!! LOL I don't show pain, fear, or tears unless it is so bad I can not take anymore, but until then I push myself as hard and as far as I possibly can. I regret it for the week after LOL BUT that is just the way I am!:D

The reason my mother gave me for climbing the tree?? " Just to see if I could still do it!!"

That's my mom!! LOL

CHRIS
02-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I hope to see you out there. And yes I do understand. On the last STP my knees were hurting like hell but I still made myself get to the top. On the way down my left leg stopped bending and I thought for sure I would be in the hospital when I got down it was the most pain I have ever felt but I did it. It took 2 hours longer to get down but I did it. Like you I paid for the next few weeks.So I wish you all the luck in the world.

Your reson on your mother made me LOL...

MsCntry
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope to see you out there. And yes I do understand. On the last STP my knees were hurting like hell but I still made myself get to the top. On the way down my left leg stopped bending and I thought for sure I would be in the hospital when I got down it was the most pain I have ever felt but I did it. It took 2 hours longer to get down but I did it. Like you I paid for the next few weeks.So I wish you all the luck in the world.

Your reason on your mother made me LOL...
You poor thing!! Yes you do know what I mean!!

We, however, were not talking about STP 09, but future events as my fibromyalgia progressively gets the better of me. But as I said, I will fight every step of the way. It will not take this woman down without a good, long, hard fight!!

If you like my attitude, then you will also love my mom. We are exactly alike, except she is 4 inches shorter lol. Everyone tends to love our love of life, our sense of humor, and our loud boisterous laughs. Well except my dad and my ex LOL. My dad always told me if I didn't get my mothers look off my face he would slap it off. My moms boyfriends would call the house (when we lived together) and would talk dirty to me thinking I was my mom. My ex was sitting in the middle of my mom and I one day, someone said something funny, and when we both laughed he covered his ears and said "OMG!! STEREO!!" HeHeHeHe http://bestsmileys.com/lol/17.gif

Brad
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.
But, you do have to make it to the turkey dinner. We want to see you there.

MsCntry
02-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I was there last year, I was just late and missed the dinner LOL. I was there for the door prize give aways tough!! I will make sure Karen gets the banner for the table though, so all the forum members know where to sit :D Of course in that case they may want 2 or 3 tables put together :D

RI Swamp Yankee
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
... As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail ..
Diane, my wife has fibromyalgia too so I can sympathize with your feelings a bit. Every instance is different and everyone is different in how it affects them and which meds are effective. Diet and excercise along with a positive outlook help. Some days are better than other days so just do what you can do, when you can do it. Maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe not, just take it one day at a time. You may not make it down the trail as far as you want today but, as has been said here often, there is no shame in stopping, turning around and waiting for a better day. Hang in there.

mtruman
02-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Mark and Nat, I,m amazed that a slowpoke like me got our page up and running. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trail this summer.

I hope you can work it out so Jamie will join you.

It will be a blast!

As usual I will be trailing Hunter up the trails.

We were lucky with logistics this year as you were in 2008 with your Greenleaf/Galehead/Zealand trip. Hunter begins his AMC Mount Washington Spike Teen Trail Crew trip Sunday, the day after STP. Check out his testimonial on the AMC website.

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation/trails/volunteer/trailopps/alpine-teen-crew.cfm

What a great way to warm up with a climb up the rockpile.

We are also working on a hut to hut trip this summer.

Not sure when that will be.

Glad you logistics worked out so well. I checked out the trail crew page and Hunter's testimonial. Just awesome for kids to be out there loving this stuff. One more year and Jamie will be old enough for the Spike Teen crew so maybe we'll have her out there too. Look forward to seeing you at STP. Gotta get going on our pledge drive and catch up...

MsCntry
02-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Diane, my wife has fibromyalgia too so I can sympathize with your feelings a bit. Every instance is different and everyone is different in how it affects them and which meds are effective. Diet and excercise along with a positive outlook help. Some days are better than other days so just do what you can do, when you can do it. Maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe not, just take it one day at a time. You may not make it down the trail as far as you want today but, as has been said here often, there is no shame in stopping, turning around and waiting for a better day. Hang in there.

Thank you for those kind words. You are correct. Now that I am on Lyrica, I have my good days, and I have my bad days, but lately there have been more good then bad!!. I have been disabled with 2 herniated discs in my lower back for two years now, and I guess after the work related injury, it helped the fibro to take effect on my back. So now instead of just my lower back hurting, it is now from my shoulders to my hips. I was at a healthy, active, 275lbs before I got hurt, then after the injury I shot up pretty quick, and being on anti depressants didn't help. I recently went off of my anti depressants, and have lost 10lbs, and working on losing a lot more!! I can't wait for spring so I can start hiking again!! I think I am getting cabin fever although I get out of the house everyday even if it is just to the mailbox. I look forward to doing the hike a thon, as well as seeing all my dear friends here on the forums. It was so nice to meet people face to face last year!!

Let your wife know she definitely isn't alone. Since fibro is hereditary, that is how I got it. My mother has fibro (back) and parkinsons, my sister has fibro (neck & shoulders), and now I have it (back). My mother now age 63 climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree just to see if she could still do it, since she was feeling so much better on her Lyrica LOL. So maybe your wife and I can look forward to good days like that in the future!!

RI Swamp Yankee
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Happy Birthday Diane :D

Saw it on the bottom of the main page