PDA

View Full Version : Seek the Peak Webcast?

fifteendays
02-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi folks,

One of the ideas that came up yesterday on our technology/brainstorming conference call was a Seek the Peak Webcast. I like the idea. What do you think?

If enough interest is expressed, here's what we'll do... Using WebEx or a similar web-meeting service, we would set up and host a short but informative webcast, where we would cover the following topics:

-- Event overview
-- Setting up your fundraising page
-- Tips on fundraising
-- MWO 101, a look at who we are and what we do
-- What is the money used for?
-- Q & A

The webcast will be recorded and then offered on the STP site for those who were unavailable or who may learn about STP after the webcast has already occurred.

The idea here is that you will all be more informed about the event and the Obs as a whole. That way, when you're out there hitting the pavement on our behalf, you will be armed with lots of great information about the Observatory. It's one thing to have 250+ people out there raising funds and building awareness. It could be even better if you have all the inside information about what we're doing and the challenges we face. Donors have questions, and we believe that we should empower each of you with answers.

The consensus on yesterday's call was that this webcast would be best offered in the evening or on a weekend. Would you agree?

It should be noted that this idea came from an STP participant, because they were looking to be more effective in their fundraising effort.

Thanks in advance for your input. And thanks to everyone that has already signed up to hike!

All the best,
Scot Henley
MWO Executive Director

faegilr
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Could it be turned into a podcast also for people who couldn't make the webcast or who sign up later on after it is done? That way, more people can be able to listen to it and get some help.

hobbes
02-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Could it be turned into a podcast also for people who couldn't make the webcast or who sign up later on after it is done? That way, more people can be able to listen to it and get some help.
Yes, the intent would be to record it and have it available on the site for people to watch at their leisure.

Steve M
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Living in Florida makes it a challenge to get donations for an organization in NH so the more tools I have the better. That sounds like a great idea to me.

Evenings or weekends work for me as well.

corey.mcentyre
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Living in Florida makes it a challenge to get donations for an organization in NH...

The solution here is obvious! Move to NH.

Steve M
02-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks! If only it were that easy.:)

mtruman
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM

Spoken like a true NH local. Hey, wait a minute... :rolleyes:

Brad
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Spoken like a true NH local. Hey, wait a minute... :rolleyes:
He almost came this weekend again.

h2oeco
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm happy to help with/participate in/contribute to this webcast.

There are a lot of different things that I did last year, and will do this year, to raise money for STP.

Ed