PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping fox

M_Six
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Caught this guy napping in the gully way down behind my house. This is a ~70yd shot, through a screened window and many trees. I had to manual focus because all the trees were confusing the auto-focus. I thought it strange to see a fox sleeping more or less out in the open like this.

http://www.bimmermail.com/Fox/sleepingfox2.JPG

TrishandAlex
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Awwww...looks like he/she found a nice, sunny spot.

KathyC
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
That picture is absolutely precious. I love nothing more then to see animals in their natural habitat. I just Love it!!

CHRIS
02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Great picture Mark. I love animal pictures because they are not fake and even better when you shot them in thier own enviroment. Not like people who start to pose when they see you trying to shot them.

Bretton Woods Brat
02-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Awwwww :)
Love it!

Steve M
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice job handling that one! It's cute.

Charlie
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
nice picture
you keep this up you will get the title of walking with foxes

MsCntry
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
AWWWWW how precious!! Great job on the focusing!! He/she must have been enjoying the warm sun :)

And yes I agree, I love nature shots too. Animals in the wild are the greatest pictures!!

Brad
02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
As I was driving out to the road this morning - camera right beside me - I had to stop and wait for 3 deer to cross in front of me. I grabbed the camera, but the batteries were too cold to shoot. It was nice to see anyway. the 3rd deer was into the snow almost up to the top 1/3rd of the back. It was slow going to get on the road and across.

Steve M
02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
As I was driving out to the road this morning - camera right beside me - I had to stop and wait for 3 deer to cross in front of me. I grabbed the camera, but the batteries were too cold to shoot. It was nice to see anyway. the 3rd deer was into the snow almost up to the top 1/3rd of the back. It was slow going to get on the road and across.

You need to do like Jose Azel and have a battery pack in your coat with a wire to a plug for the battery comp. then you wouldn't miss those shots.:)

MsCntry
02-07-2009, 09:46 PM

Hey I think I have your picture you missed!!! LOL Look Familiar?? Spring is close!! LOL

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/DeerinSnow.jpg

You need to do like Jose Azel and have a battery pack in your coat with a wire to a plug for the battery comp. then you wouldn't miss those shots.:)If he would do like I do and take the camera in the house at night, and keep it close to the door to grab on the way out, his batteries would be fine :D

forestgnome
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Nice feel to that image, Mark :)