PDA

View Full Version : Membership Challenge - 2009

Brad
02-17-2009, 01:14 PM
It is only appropriate to use my 4,000th post on this forum for a great cause - to promote membership in the Mount Washington Observatory. As we did in 2008 I ask that you move your membership level up at least one notch this year when it is up for renewal. Or if you are not a member yet, please join.

The MWO is a non-profit organization that needs our financial support. Through memberships and special fundraising the organization funds a lot of its day to day activities. Who have you met that comes to the Observatory's web site and does not look at the web cameras? We love to read the Observer Comments on the web site and review the Photo Journal. This all takes money to support and provide.

But, MWO is far more that we do not see just through the web. Members can get a tour through the summit facilities when they hike or ride up. During these tours we get a better idea of what the Observatory is all about and the harsh conditions the staff have to put up with (and they love it). The Observatory is now reaching out to schools across the country through the Internet providing live educational glimpses about weather and what it is like at the summit. It does research and product testing and weather data gathering and weather forecasting and, and, and. It does a lot for us all.

Above all (pun intended), the MWO is a quality organization focused on providing valuable services to society in general and its members specifically. Being a member opens up special doors and access to the wonderful world up above or in the clouds. It is an organization that wants us involved and strives to communicate with us like few other organizations. Please support the MWO and help it continue its great work.

MsCntry
02-17-2009, 02:18 PM
We are trying to save money to renew our membership at STP, but I am affraid we will only be able to do the Summit Club Level. But it is a nice level to be at :)

Steve M
02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
We are trying to save money to renew our membership at STP, but I am affraid we will only be able to do the Summit Club Level. But it is a nice level to be at :)

No doubt, the Summit club level is great. I think it is the standard level for serious members. That said, there is no condemnation for those of you serious members that just can't afford this level. But if you can, please do. This level gives the MWO more to work with after the initial expenses are paid for.
Our goal as members should be to see to it that this organization stays as top notch as possible, by getting involved when we can. It is great to see how much the MWO values and respects it's members at every level. I believe that our ability to be involved is the lifeblood of the organization. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
As Brad has stated, if your not a member yet, check out the membership page for detailed info on joining and the benefits you receive. Volunteering is a fun and exciting way to get to know the people who work and volunteer for the MWO but you must be a member to do so.

Membership page:
https://secure3.convio.net/mwobs/site/SPageNavigator/membership/membership_center

Charlie
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
first thing congratulation Brad on your 4000 post ,this shows how much you like and care about the MWOBS .

and yes for the people that are not members yet what are you waiting for an invitation well here it is join now
and for the members ,only if you can try to up grade your membership one notch .to some people an extra couple $100 will not brake your bank but to the MVOBS it is a big thing .
for the people that go up one notch thats fine your membership at the level you at now is a good thing for the MWOBS
just being on the forum talking about this place is a big part also ,your getting the word out there
good job to all that keep this place hopping :D

MelNino
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
I finally "renewed" (techinally a new membership, I let it slide for too long, ha) and very happy I did.

Mmmmhh...great cause and discounts. Pretty awesome in my book.

RI Swamp Yankee
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I can't believe it has been a year since I joined :D

Due the end of March, renewed today :D

I will have to blame it on Brad, it ain't easy prying money out of a Swamp Yankee. ;)

Brad
03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I will accept a certain amount of blame. The rest is rightfully due MWO for forcing us to be members. If we were not, we would feel real bad knowing we are taking advantage of the forum, weather forecasts, current conditions and web cameras - all for free. It is only right that we contribute a bit to help keep these services running and provide a place where such nice folks can pick on Brad any time they want.

So, being a new month - it is time for our periodic reminder to sign up for membership in the Observatory. It is a great cause and they need our support, especially now. If you are a member, please look at moving up one level. The difference is probably not all that much. But, it means a lot to the Observatory. Every little bit helps.

Executive Chief Cheerleader,

mtruman
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Membership renewed today and up a level as commanded. Can't let the Executive Chief Cheerleader down. Now to get going with STP...

Brad
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Mark, you done goodly. (I used to say that to my school teach mother and she would shutter.)

Brad
06-01-2009, 09:57 PM
It is a new month and we all need to be reminded to move up a level in our MWO membership if we are renewing this month. And if you are not a member, please join at any level and support the organization.

Brad
08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
It is August - so, being a new month - it is time for our periodic reminder to sign up for membership in the Observatory. It is a great cause and they need our support, especially now. If you are a member, please look at moving up one level. The difference is probably not all that much. But, it means a lot to the Observatory. Every little bit helps.

If you are not a member, please join. And remember to mention Observatory membership to your friends. Just the ability to get a discount on a new Subaru is a good reason for joining.

Executive Chief Cheerleader,

Brad
12-01-2009, 09:50 AM
"Okay kids, what time is it?" And no - it is not Howdy Dudie time.

It is December - the last month of the year - time when folks think about giving - what can they get for Jim for Christmas - and what is that big thing you can do that makes you feel good all over? Mt Washington Observatory gift memberships?

And the answer is

Mt Washington Observatory membership gift certificates
Renew your membership early to help MWO in 2009
Move your membership to a higher level
Join the Observatory and know you are benefiting a great organization and enjoy the benefits
Send an extra donation check off to the Observatory to increase your charitable giving tax deductions for 2009.
All of the above!

Say yes - it is time to do these things.