PDA

View Full Version : I love my microspikes

MelNino
02-28-2009, 06:36 PM
The bf and I went up Bear MTN today....it was a lovely hike, but wow, did we need the spikes, esp since we went up the north side. summit was lovely but cold, with a great view of Everett and Race.

I'll post more in the photo section, but now I am beat and in dire need of a Tux.

Brad
02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Our road was a skating rink this morning for walking the dog. Microspikes were the only way I survived.

Tar Heel
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
My dad and I hiked in Mt Tom State Park in Mass. today and would not have made it without our yaktrax. At one point I thought of taking the crampons out, but we made it with the yaktrax. Thank goodness for traction :)

Charlie
02-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Our road was a skating rink this morning for walking the dog. Microspikes were the only way I survived.

did you have 2 sets for the dog:D

Brad
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
The dog needed more than microspikes out on the lake today!

http://images42.fotki.com/v1466/photos/8/8235/990858/CRW_0659c-vi.jpg

mtruman
03-01-2009, 08:27 AM
The dog needed more than microspikes out on the lake today!

Now that's one happy looking dog! All the snow is gone in RI and it's just not the same walking the dog in the woods now. He was so much happier before it melted...

Gorque
03-01-2009, 08:44 AM
The bf and I went up Bear MTN today....it was a lovely hike, but wow, did we need the spikes, esp since we went up the north side. summit was lovely but cold, with a great view of Everett and Race.

I'll post more in the photo section, but now I am beat and in dire need of a Tux.Did you go by way of the Undermountain trail and then Paradise Valley trail or did you enter through the road near the NY border and what were the trail conditions like? I was thinking about heading up that way Monday, but the weather may put a dent in those plans.

MelNino
03-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Yuppers, Under Mountain to Paradise......lovely hike, but it hurt after awhile, hahahah. Very snowy, and the north side was ice....if you go that way you'll need spikes. Supposed to snow til Mon night, unfortunately for hiking plans

TrishandAlex
03-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes, microspikes rule, don't they? Also, very glad they make them in a kids' size.

MelNino
03-01-2009, 07:48 PM
They do rule :) After out hike, when we took off the spikes, we slipped in the parking lot, hahhaha

climbabout
03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
My youngest son and I were in that neck of the woods yesterday. We climbed Mt Everett via roaring brook falls trail. Great day, we used crampons the whole way - I did it solo last Sunday and there was much more snow covering the ice last weekend. Anyway, my son got his first experience using crampons and did great. Never complained once.
Tim

MelNino
03-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Hoping to do Everett soon.....we did Race to Everett last year, and I wasn't a fan of Everett....want to get over that :)