PDA

View Full Version : a goal for next year

canadianeskimodog
02-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I want to climb again. When I was young, i climbed in Italy, colorado and of course in New Hampshire with my father. I have taken my kids up to tuckermans when they were younger and hiked over east and west bald plate in the last year along with Bemis this past summer. I want to get myself in climbing condition again and try winter backpacking with the ultimate goal of getting to the top of Mt Washington. My kids head to college next year. Im fairly wise, at least I think I am but have never done winter backpacking. So im introducing myself and hope to find some friend on here to learn and listen.

Dave

mtruman
03-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome Dave. Lots of folks here with good advice for what you are looking to do. Read some of the recent threads in the White Mountain Hikes forum and and it should get you on your way.

TrishandAlex
03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi, Dave! If you want to, you will. Time and patience will get you anywhere. Welcome to the forums!

mntbikinggirl17
03-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Dave,
I just finished my first winter climb on Mount Washington yesterday! It was a beautiful day and well worth the drive and work. Can't wait to go again. Already planning the next trip up. I definitely took enough equipment! Didn't use the majority of it but if I didn't have it...... Hope you make it up there!

My training consisted of climbing Mt. Monadock 2 times a week and snowshoeing as much as possible.