PDA

View Full Version : Should Have Stayed Home This Winter

Magpie
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Looks like New England has better skiing than Vail this year.
I'm in Vail for the winter. We had 13 feet of snow in December, but havnt had any significant storms since.
They are getting worried about fire now.
Lucky you
Enjoy?

Brad
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I have friends who have been skiing at Tahoe this past week. From the pictures I have seen it looks like wonderful conditions there. Salt Lake City area looked great 2 weeks ago.

JimS
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I have friends who have been skiing at Tahoe this past week. From the pictures I have seen it looks like wonderful conditions there. Salt Lake City area looked great 2 weeks ago.

I think what brad is trying to say is that 'yes' the snow has been fantastic here this year at the ski resorts!

Sorry you missed it, but it could turn around in Vail at any point!

Bill O
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Looks like New England has better skiing than Vail this year.
I'm in Vail for the winter. We had 13 feet of snow in December, but havnt had any significant storms since.
They are getting worried about fire now.
Lucky you
Enjoy?

If Vail had 45 inches it would still be better than New England with 400 inches.

The difference...no January rain wipeouts.

Resorts in Alberta get less than 200" per year, but they are world class resorts because their snow has staying power.

Brad
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
And Brad was not saying that. I have no real inside info on the local snow conditions. My son has been snow boarding at different places this winter and his pictures tell of fantastic powder conditions.