PDA

View Full Version : March 14/15 summit

gjw0920
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Apart from the two accidents on the mountain this weekend, it was picture perfect.

A BLUE BIRD day for sure on Sunday.

You could not have asked for better. 40 degrees most of the way up, very little wind, sunny, snow and ice conditions for climbing were also the best.

Only downside; was perhaps too many people!

Brad
03-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Saturday morning I chatted with 2 fellows from RI - on the way down from HoJo's to PNVC I met some others from RI - had a nice talk with a fellow from RI getting back into ice climbing - and you are from the Rhodie state. Was it a state holiday or something?

Glad you had a good day!

TrishandAlex
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
gjw, many congratulations!! :D

mtruman
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Saturday morning I chatted with 2 fellows from RI - on the way down from HoJo's to PNVC I met some others from RI - had a nice talk with a fellow from RI getting back into ice climbing - and you are from the Rhodie state. Was it a state holiday or something?

Glad you had a good day!

Hey, how come nobody told me it was RI day up there? I would have certainly joined the fun. ;)

Where in RI are you from gjw?

gjw0920
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I live in Newport.

I play with boats when I am working or escaping the tourists.
Given the pending weather improvements for watersports meant getting up to the Whites sooner than later for our third ascent of this season.

BUT, who knows another trek up for some spring skiing at Tucks in April would be great.

Glenn

Brad
03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
A bit off topic - but I used to windsurf off Fort Adams in Newport. Between the fort and the island is a great patch of wind that picks up late morning.