PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Anyone?

kayhem
03-18-2009, 11:30 AM
We here at the Obs are continually thinking about Seek the Peak; one of the things we're contemplating for this year is having breakfast available. What do you think of having breakfast at Pinkham? The AMC would open at 6 AM, breakfast would cost $9.50 a head, and would be a buffet of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, coffee, etc. I welcome your thoughts.

Brad
03-18-2009, 12:47 PM
For me, it would be too late. I want to be on the trail by 6AM.

CHRIS
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
My wife thinks I am nut but I am going to try to be on the trail around 3am. I like watching how the darkness turns to light and watch as the sun comes up. Besides at that time of the morning it is nice and quiet and not to many people:).

BlueDog
03-18-2009, 02:57 PM
That sounds great!

As the other said, its about the time that many hit the trails, but if its available, I would plan accordingly to take advantage.

The last two years I haven't had time when I get to the top to really stop and take in the view and get the full tour. So I plan on building in a little more time this year. I've been up there three times and believe it or not, have never been on the observation deck!

Rich
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
For us, too late, wrong side of the mountain, too $$$. Would you consider having something over at Ammo TH like bagles or something quick?

faegilr
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I think it would be great! We stayed at Moat Mountain last year and they didn't serve breakfast, so it would be nice to have some type of breakfast available for us.

Brad
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
After thinking about this a bit, there might be some who would be interested in a full breakfast type of deal. But, I think Rich's idea of a lower key bagels and donuts, OJ, coffee thing makes more sense to me. Do one at Ammo trail and another at PNVC.

mtruman
03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I'd vote for the bagels and OJ option as well. We'll be getting out early as well - don't want Charlie and Brad beating us to the top!

HAPPYCAMPER26
03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
bagel,muffins and juice sounds like a good idea ! not to heavy. very little prep work for the workers and less trash !

Steve M
03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I will have to agree with the majority. Bagels and OJ would be great. Both at Pinkham and at the Cog base. That brings up the issue of who is registered for the event and who isn't also. Maybe wrist bands with STP on them for every registrant would be a good idea. Those with the bands would be able to take advantage of any STP privilege.

KD Talbot
03-29-2009, 10:06 AM
I like the original AMC idea, but it is true folks like an early start and usually eat light on a big hike. If you set up bagels and juice at the two trailheads why limit it to Obs members? Offer it to everyone and give out info about the Obs, maybe sign a few up. Free breakfast would be a good way to get folks interested. I listen to anyone who wants to give me free food. I learned that from Emma. ;)

KDT

Charlie
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
I'd vote for the bagels and OJ option as well. We'll be getting out early as well - don't want Charlie and Brad beating us to the top!

im going to have a can of Spinach so i can be like POP EYE

I like the original AMC idea, but it is true folks like an early start and usually eat light on a big hike. If you set up bagels and juice at the two trailheads why limit it to Obs members? Offer it to everyone and give out info about the Obs, maybe sign a few up. Free breakfast would be a good way to get folks interested. I listen to anyone who wants to give me free food. I learned that from Emma. ;)

KDT

good idea and make the bagels that spell OBS ,or i can make a branding iron and you can burn that on each one ;)