PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Amended request from National Geographic Adventure - Due 4/17!

crudio
04-13-2009, 06:53 PM
A big thanks to everyone who sent in photos from my last post! Our contact at NGS said he was very impressed by and grateful for all the images he received from Obs members -- way to go!

He just wrote in again saying that the focus of the article had shifted away from Lakes of the Clouds hut and hikers, and more towards wildflowers. In his words, "It has changed to a story only on wildflowers. I would like photos of wildflowers that carpet the rugged landscape in late spring. Photos of people hiking among the wildflowers. I am looking for a wider shot of the flowers and the landscape but please submit a few detail shots as well. Diapensia, Lapland Rosebay, and Alpine Azalea are flowers mentioned in the article."

His new deadline is this Friday, 4/17. Again, please send just a small collection of your absolutely best shots (after all, this is National Geographic!). His contact info is the same:

Matt Gillis
Photo Department
National Geographic Adventure Magazine
Email: mgillis@ngs.org

Thank you, and good luck!

Brad
04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Nope - this one is not for me. Some of those flowers to me sound like terrible diseases. This is a Jim Salge request.

forestgnome
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Crudio, thanks for the post. I sent a few. Submitting to NG feels like playing the lottery...slim chance/awsesome reward :)

It's not easy to get 3" tall flowers and mountains into the frame. Here's some lapland rosebay near Mt. Franklin.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/forestgnome/crawfordpath60808-11.jpg

happy trails :)

mtruman
04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
It's not easy to get 3" tall flowers and mountains into the frame. Here's some lapland rosebay near Mt. Franklin.

You're right about that but you obviously managed it anyway. Just stunning Patrick!

Brad
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
For all the times I have been up MW I really have no pictures of the flowers. It is a treat to see them here.

Gorque
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Crudio, thanks for the post. I sent a few. Submitting to NG feels like playing the lottery...slim chance/awsesome reward :)

happy trails :)

Dang! :) That's a great picture. Too bad there isn't a "I'm not worthy" smilie. :)

We need different smilies

Brad
04-16-2009, 08:50 PM
This is why I am coming back from NC to be at the Patrick/Jim photo show on May 16th! I would not miss it for the world.

Charlie
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
This is why I am coming back from NC to be at the Patrick/Jim photo show on May 16th! I would not miss it for the world.

thats why im driving up from PA to see it also
and to see some good people in NH and Maine

JimS
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, this is great news to hear that you both are coming up!

Also that weekend, the regional forum at naturephotographers.net is having their spring outing (details yet unresolved) either in North Conway or Gorham. We will be working on wildflowers and waterfalls!

See y'all there!

crudio
04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad you all will be coming! At press time, 23 people have RSVP'd. And most folks haven't even received their invite yet! :)