PDA

View Full Version : Fun Trip Over the Osceola's

mahony
05-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Made a nice loop around the Greeley Pond Trail (from the Kanc), past the ponds, up Tripoli Road and the over the Osceola's.

The trails were fairly clear of snow and spring was evident everywhere along the hike. Still haven't seen any moose or bear, but I did hear lots of birds and caught sight of a hummingbird at around 3000 feet on the ascent of Osceola.

The ponds are serene and there was no wind when I got there. The summits were a bit crowded for my taste, but the views from both were nice....The AMC guidebook doesn't seem to like the viewing from the summit of East Osceola, but I found two nice lookouts that do the trick.

I easily beat the weather since I started at 7:15am.

Nice day and sure was easier than doing Sabbaday Brook Trail 2 weeks ago. I'm looking forward to some really long hikes this summer.

(I'd post some pictures, but it seems they can't reside here and I don't have a home for them...yet)

Bill Mahony

Brad
05-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Bill, a place to put the pictures could be on Facebook. Then post a link to them here.

TrishandAlex
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Except some of us don't have and don't want a Facebook account....but I'm probably in the minority. :o

Nice to hear the Osceolas are almost free of snow. This hopefully means that it's not long before other summits are free of (rotting) snow...

mtruman
05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Except some of us don't have and don't want a Facebook account....but I'm probably in the minority. :o

Can't believe that you are anti-Facebook Trish. Would have thought that the social networking thing would have been right up you alley with your participation here, VFTT, etc. I have to say that I thought Facebook was silly until I joined a few months ago. Have caught up with many old friends that I probably wouldn't have ever connected with again otherwise (including a couple that I grew up with from before grammar school and haven't been in touch with since the almost 35 years since high school). Not a bad place for even us old folks (right Brad?).

As to alternate places to put pictures for linking here there are lots of good options. Picasa, Photobucket, Flickr and several other free ones are good choices. Many paid choices as well.

Brad
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Mark,

You are not supposed to let on that I am older than the Whites? I remember when the glacier . . .

You are right that Facebook is an amazing place to reconnect with friends. It is nice to be back in touch - but also just to stay aware of what folks are doing. Now, tracking Charlie with all his bloodhound friends is something else.