PDA

View Full Version : The Flume

SDB777
01-09-2007, 05:12 AM
How far is it from the Conway area to The Flume, trying to plan vacation stops for the wife while I'm doing some hiking. She wanted to see the OldMan, but I think she's a little late on that one? Unless someone is going to rebuild it?

Scott (she made me ask) B

post'r boy
01-09-2007, 05:25 AM
'bout an hours drive west.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=conway&1s=nh&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=lincoln&2s=nh&2z=&r=f
it's just a bit north of lincoln on rte 3
:D

bruno
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
after ya git back from da flume and meet back up wif yer wife, make sho' yall go to moat mountain brewpub in norf conway! she'll be thirsty and you will too! da vittles is sumpn to write home about too!! yall have a good time!!!

(tell 'em bruno sentcha!!!):) :) :)

post'r boy
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
after ya git back from da flume and meet back up wif yer wife, make sho' yall go to moat mountain brewpub in norf conway! she'll be thirsty and you will too! da vittles is sumpn to write home about too!! yall have a good time!!!

(tell 'em bruno sentcha!!!):) :) :)
oh ya!! bruno knows!! ya cain't go wrong wif the moat mountain brewery!!
plus they'll buy all the bunny rabbits you can bring them!! but they hafta be live ones!!

KD Talbot
01-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I clicked on the mapquest link out of curiosity. The description says take rte.113 out of Conway. Of course it is rte.112, the Kancamagus Highway. I think the idea is you'll be hiking while your wife visits the Flume. Just north of this is the pull off from the highway where you could see the Old Man, nothing to see any more, but the granite face of Profile(Cannon) Mountain is worth the stop, I think there is a memorial on the southside viewing area. She can make a great round trip by taking 112 west to rte. 3 north, where she'll find the Flume and the Old Man viewing area, then continue north on rte 3 to Twin Mountain where she can travel east on rte 302 back to the Conway area. Along this route she can see some of the best scenery in NH, passing through Franconia and Crawford Notch, also passing Bretton Woods and the Mt. Washington Hotel and the AMC Highland Center and the Willey House. If you do it in this direction you'll pass the Brew pub in North Conway (and lots of others,too) on your way back. Enjoy!
KDT

Brad
01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
It was a shame when the Old man let go. Here is a picture of before and after.

http://images14.fotki.com/v377/photos/1/1002902/4071997/oldman_NH-vi.jpg
Source unknown

AlpineHikerFan71
01-09-2007, 09:03 PM
The reason why the old man fell off is, because it is the day I got married to my wife in Baltimore,:D
So you can blame us