PDA

View Full Version : Wildflowers on Monroe, Hiking Lafayette, and Birding on The Link

Tim&Val
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi,

A few more reports from the last couple weeks.

First, we did a nice hike up the Ammo trail to Mt Monroe, and I managed to keep Tim off all the summits. We went to Monroe Flats and just took pictures of alpine flowers. Very fun indeed!

Next, on Wednesday, Tim took my sister's sister-in-law (how about THAT!) up My Lafayette for her first 4K. She's signed up to do Seek-the-Peak with Tim, Debi and I this year, so we wanted her to get some exposure above treeline. They had a great time while I was ... on a BUSINESS TRIP :mad:

You'll notice in this report that you don't get the wordiness when Tim takes a hike without me. LOL.

Lastly, we spent the weekend in the clouds on The Link - around the side of Mt Jefferson. Mostly birds, but some flowers and fungus. No 4Ks.

http://www.barkeater.ws/nh48/

I hope you enjoy them!
Valerie

TrishandAlex
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I love the pictures, especially the one of the bird mid-song!

CHRIS
06-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Greta trip report and pics. It looked a little damp out there but heck it looks like you guys still had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

mtruman
06-23-2009, 06:59 PM
These are terrific Val! Congrats to Heather on her first 4K. Look forward to meeting her at STP. Also congrats to Tim on managing to not summit Monroe. Not sure that I could have avoided the temptation. Beautiful pictures from that hike. Some candidates for the AMC Flower Photo contest perhaps?