PDA

View Full Version : Very sad news

Steve M
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately we will not be attending STP this year. We have had a slow year in the business so our finances just don't justify taking the trip. Such is the downside of living so far away. But, there is always next year!

Have fun everyone and take lots of pictures and post them so I can be jealous. :)

Charlie
07-06-2009, 09:59 PM
sorry to hear that steve
we all are taking a hit with a work slow down
one good thing is you still have you family ,food on the table ,a roof over your head and the MWOBS web cams and brads cams ,they help a little

we will miss you steve :(

BlueDog
07-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear it Steve. We'll raise a beer and a turkey leg in your honor! :)

mtruman
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Very sad news indeed. We'll miss you. Hope things turn for the best and you're able to get back next year.

Brad
07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Steve,

Sorry to her we will miss you being with us this year. Some of understand the tough times along with you (I was laid off in January and am looking for my next position - but, my waterskiing is getting a lot stronger this summer).

Steve M
07-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone!

Brad, sorry to hear you were laid off. It's a brutal world out there right now. Hopefully it will turn around soon or I will have to come up with some creative ways to make money.

Brad
07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
The timing for me has been quite good. Not having to deal with work allowed me to bring the boys north for their Spring Break and now they are back again for several weeks. Chores around the cabin have been done and we are in good shape. Waterskiing skills have improved - so, things are going well. There are some interesting positions out there now. So, we will see what happens and when.

RedDogPatch
07-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Steve,
Sorry to hear that you'll not be present for this year's STP.
Good luck to you and,
Brad as well.. Good luck to you in your job search~!
I'll be flying in from Missouri, being that we're formerly from NH.
ciao

Steve M
07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Steve,
Good luck to you and,
ciao

Maybe you will win the farthest traveled prize! Good luck!

BlueDog
07-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Steve,
Good luck to you and,
ciao

RedDog?! <tilts head in confusion>

Are you my alter ego?

RedDogPatch
07-26-2009, 09:54 AM
RedDog?! <tilts head in confusion>

Are you my alter ego?
You never know...
I've been reddogpatch since the latter part of the 90's when I created the website under this name of...reddogpatch..lol
I DON'T KNOW..about being the furtherest traveled but, as it turned out, my United flight lasted for almost 27 hours before I finally landed in Manchester.:eek:
Updated..
I made it to the top~!!!!!
Took me just a little over 4 hours..(Not bad for a being up 27 hrs the previous two days..and, 66 ys young~!!)
My clothes were a mixture of whatever I could find as all my normal stuff i still in storage..In the middle of moving from NH to MO and, redoing an 100 yr old house..