PDA

View Full Version : Summit internship fall '09

Knapper
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
The deadline for applications for our fall internship program is July 15, which is coming up fast. The fall program runs, roughly, from mid to late August until sometime in December. This time frame is a very interesting one to be on the summit, as you go from full on tourist season to full winter mode during that 3 to 4 month span.

To apply, or get some more information, go to this page on our website (http://www.mountwashington.org/about/jobs/intern.php).

The internship program is a fantastic experience. I am speaking from personal experience as a former intern during the winter of '06. I know there are other former interns that post here, most notably moderate Bill as well as Jim. The only requirement is that you be over age 18. A degree in meteorology is NOT required.

One last request, if you frequent other forums or know someone who might be interested in this program, please post something in another forum or pass this along to them.

Thanks

Brad
07-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Is there an upper age limit? I have been looking for work . . .

Knapper
07-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Is there an upper age limit? I have been looking for work . . .

No, there is no upper age limit. As long as you are fit enough to self evacuate yourself down the 8 mile autoroad in case of emergency, you are good to go. The stipend isn't great but the experience is priceless.

Charlie
07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
ok in but i dont know that much about weather other then i hate the heat :D
so am i ok

Arthur Dent
07-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Would being familiar with FCM-H1-2005 and METAR help? ;)

Knapper
07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Would being familiar with FCM-H1-2005 and METAR help? ;)

I have never heard it called the FCM-H1-2005 so I had to google it but yes, we use the FMH-1 and code using METAR. So, the knowledge in coding would look good on a submitted application.