PDA

View Full Version : Finally registered and joined!

inthebeginning
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Hello all, been lurking here for a while and was a MWOBS member years ago. Just 're-upped' my membership, it had been a few years. Self proclaimed weather geek...almost did an internship many moons ago, but my career got a jump start just when I was going to apply. I was living in Rochester, NH at the time.

Currently wayyyyy out West in the Denver Metro area.

Haven't climbed/hiked a thing in about 7 years. That last climb was Torrey's Peak (14,267') here in CO. As a kid back in the mid - late 70's, I spent alot of time in New England climbing, hiking, canoeing...everything outdoors every summer! Never climbed MW, but been to the top via auto and rail many times. Did climb Baldface in NH, Katahdin and few others as well.

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here. New England and MW has a special place in my heart. Someday I'll return. :)

BlueDog
07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome! Or, should I say welcome back!

Bretton Woods Brat
07-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome, enjoy the views. ;)

inthebeginning
07-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Brad
07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Denver is a nice place - but, so very different from NH/Maine. Welcome to the forum and thanks for re-joining the Observatory!

inthebeginning
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Denver is a nice place - but, so very different from NH/Maine. Welcome to the forum and thanks for re-joining the Observatory!

Thank you, as long as there are mountains, it's all God's Country! ;)

Charlie
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Thank you, as long as there are mountains, it's all God's Country! ;)

now thats what i say also

welcome

Brad
07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
The past few times I have been to Denver I had the opportunity to get to Boulder - head west on Canyon Road - and have dinner at the Tungsten Grill at the circle in Nederland. What a wonderful area and a great dinner.