PDA

View Full Version : New To Site, First STP & News Article

njhiker
07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi All,

It's taken me awhile to get up here and post something to introduce myself. Anyways my name is Chris and this will be my first STP and my first climb to the summit of Mount Washington. I can't wait! I am looking forward to meeting some new friends and having a great time. See you all on Friday Night and Saturday and by the way check out my Local News Article about STP...

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200990628010

P.S. Anyone looking for a hiking partner let me know! :D

JimS
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for your support...

I grew up in Denville, right next door before moving to NH about seven years ago...used to have the Daily Record delivered to my door...congrats on the feature!

Not hiking this year, or I'd go with, but finding a partner shouldn't be a problem.

Have a great hike!

BlueDog
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome Chris!

I started here 2 years ago pretty much the exact same way. Somehoe found out about STP and thought, "that looks like fun." Joined the MWO, joined the forum. I'll be there this weekend for my 3rd STP!

Friend and I are doing the Boot Spur route this year. You are welcome to come along if you wish.

Another forum member, Diane, has made orange STP flags to help us identify the other forum members here. So if you see one, be sure to say hi!

mtruman
07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Way to go Chris - nice article and promotion for your first STP. Glad you're joining us and look forward to meeting you this weekend!