PDA

View Full Version : Marty

mrohssler
07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Any update on Marty. Did everything go ok Hope he doesn't miss those teeth.

Bill O
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Any update on Marty. Did everything go ok Hope he doesn't miss those teeth.

What's up with Marty?

Brad
07-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Observer Comment on July 20th

On Wednesday the 8th Marty came off the mountain, for the first time since he came up in January 2008, in order for me to take him to the vet to get his ears checked (he had been scratching them a lot). While there, the vet found he had several badly decayed teeth due to a genetic disorder that some cats have which causes their immune system to attack their teeth. So now Marty is coming down with me today to go back to the vet tomorrow to have several teeth pulled.

Keep our beloved pet and mascot in your thoughts tomorrow. I'm sure he'll feel much better once it's all said and done!

Brian Clark ? Observer and Meteorologist

bclark
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Marty's surgery went well. The vet removed 10 teeth (6 of them were the little tiny teeth in the front that cats don't use very much). All his teeth on the bottom right were removed because they were so badly decayed that the bone was starting to erode. He only had one tooth removed on the bottom left, so he has nearly the entire left side of his mouth intact. The vet also removed a large plug of "crud" from his left ear.

As I'm sure you can imagine, he was not a happy boy after it was all said and done....he spent Tuesday night underneath the bed in my apartment. He went back up with me for shift change on Wednesday. After he has a few days to heal (both physically and mentally!) he's going to "feel better than he has in a long time" according the the vet.

Hopefully he's feeling ok for all the visitors he will see tomorrow!

MelNino
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Just read the comments....sounds like Marty is very happy to be back home :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great recovery!! I send virtual ear scratches :D

Anna LeBlanc
07-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Glad to read that Marty is feeling better.Maybe he'll be extra friendly to all the Seek-the-Peak hikers today.I have a great deal of sympathy for Marty.Being a dental hygienist I see people having teeth removed every day and see how miserable they feel.I can only imagine how poor Marty must have felt!!!!

brosati
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Good to hear that Marty is on the mend... :)

Anna LeBlanc
07-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Just wondering if Ryan,Stacy,Brian or anyone could fill us in on how Marty made out this weekend.Those pain patches are only good for about 12 hours and after that they're pretty much on there own.We're Obs members and are hoping to come up and meet everyone and Marty in a couple of weeks.We'll have to bring up some special treats and toys for him to help him feel better.

KathyC
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Wow, 10 teeth and a lump of crud....................poor kitty............:(

I really hope he's feeling better.

Steve M
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Glad to hear Marty is doing better. He is my buddy! I have a scar on my leg to prove it! ;)