PDA

View Full Version : a good seek the peak 09

Charlie
07-26-2009, 09:41 AM
i came up to NH to seek the peak and i conquered it now i will collapse :) thanks to all that helped me with your donation we raised $113,00 with over 400 hikers
thanks to Brad and Ed O'Malley for being patient hiking partners with my slow hiking ,but because of them i was able to make it to the top
thank you charlie

Snow Miser
07-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations Charlie! It is one tough climb. What amused me is how all the young kids were running circles around all us older folks. At one point going down Tucks I meet Mark Truman and he said "wouldn't it be nice to have 14 year old knees again". So true! It was very nice to meet you and your wife at the Kick-off Party. Looking forward to STP 10.

CHRIS
07-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Great job Charlie. It does not matter how slow you go as long as you make it to the summit. Of course its always nice to have great partners.

YBLee
07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
This is my first post to the forum. A long time member of the MWO. My second STP. I had a great hike up Tuckermans but in 20/20, left too early at 7AM. Hiked most of the way in fog. Arrived at the summit at 9:45 in the soup. Left at noon after a great tour of the observation, in the fog. Descended on Lions Head but must admit it was an interesting trip down. I do a lot of bicycling but it didn't help with the decent - legs were "rubber-bands" by the base. I had a great time, met a lot of nice people including Stacey in the MWO weather room and had a very good oatmeal raisin cookie in the crew quarters. Didn't win any of the door prizes but left with some nice memories. Before I forget, was nice meeting Alison and Jennifer in the pub and again at the tent. Hope to see you guys again next year. PS: the turkey dinner was Tuckerman 6288 was excellent. See you next year!!

Brad
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Charlie,

It was a lot of fun hiking with you and Ed. Slow and steady and you made it easily to the summit. That is quite an accomplishment and you have shown that each year you can do more. By starting out early we actually had some nice views when going up Lion Head.

Also, it was a treat to get to meet your wife. We had a good time, lots of laughs, and a day to remember.

JimS
07-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Though I didn't get to hike this year...it was great to see/meet/reconnect with everyone at the picnic! It truly was a great event...loved the food, music, and the great people that support the organization!

KD Talbot
07-26-2009, 09:30 PM
I knew you could do it, your legs are a lot longer than mine!

Emma

Brad
07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
I knew you could do it, your legs are a lot longer than mine!

Emma
And she is a lot better lookin.

KD Talbot
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures of me, my daddy and my new friend!

Emma

Charlie
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
thanks to all it was a tough hike for some one thats over weight
and next year it well be a little better

Caffeine Addict
07-27-2009, 03:03 PM
congrats to you Charlie great job

Steve M
07-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Charlie, congrats!!!!! I knew you could make it to the top! I wish I could have been there to see it!:)

Brad
07-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Charlie, congrats!!!!! I knew you could make it to the top! I wish I could have been there to see it!:)
It was quite a "feet".

Steve M
07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Sore feet I'm sure! :eek:

storygirll
07-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Great job, Charlie!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!

>^..^< Shelley

Thanks for spotting me at Flatbread's.
It was really nice meeting up with friends.

mtruman
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Way to go Charlie! One of the many high points of my day was finding you at the summit. Next year you guys may even be able to start after it's light out... :)

BlueDog
08-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Congrats Charlie! You seemed excited and ready to go Friday night. I had a feeling you'd make it!

Brad
08-01-2009, 10:55 AM
This was a very good year for Charlie. We all know he wanted to summit and he pulled it off after a lot of gym work and getting ready. Congratulations to all the other first timers too!

Charlie
08-02-2009, 10:59 AM
thank you all
thats why this forum is one of the best ,people support you no matter if you make it to the top or just make it 1 mile . you all make every one feel like what ever there level of hiking like they are a pro and they had a big accomplishment .
its a nice place to be

Snow Miser
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
thats why this forum is one of the best ,people support you no matter if you make it to the top or just make it 1 mile . you all make every one feel like what ever there level of hiking like they are a pro and they had a big accomplishment .
its a nice place to be

As a newcomer to the forums, diddo to what Charlie just said.:)

Charlie
08-05-2009, 08:50 PM
As a newcomer to the forums, diddo to what Charlie just said.:)

no we just like the snow miser no you :D

just kidding ;)

Brad
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Actually, step back and think about the folks you work with - your neighbors - friends at church. How many could climb Mt Washington? My guess is not many at all. Some are extreme couch potatoes and others are just out of shape. Others do work out, but they still would not be able to do Mt Washington.

So, don't let anyone fool you - it is tough and it is a big accomplishment to do it.