PDA

View Full Version : Who won

paulgla
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Just curious....who won the Subaru?

corey.mcentyre
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Just curious....who won the Subaru?

I cannot believe no one has replied to you on this one as the celebration at the table was rocking.

Brad won the lease. It had to be that way, of course, as Brad had spent the last 365 days telling everyone that the car was his.

Brad
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
The real answer is we all won. It was a fantastic day. The weather could have been better but everyone turned out and had a great time. Lots of prizes were handed out - Ed O'Malley got the grand prize(s) for raising the most money for MWO. There were 15 of us in the line for the car and I know every one of them worked hard to raise over $1,000. Yes, I got the car which is very exciting and the place rocked when it was announced.

Brad
07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
I have checked and this license plate in Maine is available

http://images51.fotki.com/v1549/photos/5/8235/7780169/MWOSTPvanity-vi.jpg

I was thinking of "MWO ROCKS" but too many letters

Steve M
07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Congrats Brad! I am so excited you won the Subaru! I am also glad the Obs had a record breaking fund raising year! Way to go everyone!:D

faegilr
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Congrats Brad!!

I almost came over to the table to say hi, but got shy at the last minute. We were the two people sitting on the grass behind you guys during the awards ceremony.

Caffeine Addict
07-27-2009, 08:18 PM
dont be shy were all family here :)

Brad
07-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Congrats Brad!!

I almost came over to the table to say hi, but got shy at the last minute. We were the two people sitting on the grass behind you guys during the awards ceremony.
Oh my goodness - you should have come over!

faegilr
07-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Maybe next year...I get shy in large groups of people.

Either way, you should take pictures of the new car at the mountain.

Brad
07-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Maybe next year...I get shy in large groups of people.

Either way, you should take pictures of the new car at the mountain.
Oh we will do that. I am aiming to get the order in to Subaru HQs in NJ on Monday. Then it could be 2 months for the car to come in. I am hoping to drive it to the summit in the fall before the Auto Road closes.

hobbes
07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
SubaruCam? All Brad, All the Time!

paulgla
07-28-2009, 10:02 AM
SubaruCam? All Brad, All the Time!

Now that is funny. There was a movie done on that premise.

Brad, given what I have read on this forum it is fitting for you to win. Congrats. Will the car say MWO on it? The pictures of the Subaru's at STP had MWO on them.

Brad
07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I would love to have the full set of MWO - STP logos on the car. Am not sure my wife will agree though. So, having the license plate say "MWO STP" may be as far as I can go with it.

kendra4
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Brad! Congrads on the car! Thats awesome!
My friend and I are in a debate about the Subaru you won for a year. Is the car partially loaded or do you have to pay for any extras? Like power windows and A.C.?
We are betting on who is buying the next beer lol
Hopefully you'll get back to us soon cuz I am thirsty lolol

Charlie
07-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I would love to have the full set of MWO - STP logos on the car. Am not sure my wife will agree though. So, having the license plate say "MWO STP" may be as far as I can go with it.

now wait a min whos car is it
are you saying you dont wear the shorts in the family :D

Brad
07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Brad! Congrads on the car! Thats awesome!
My friend and I are in a debate about the Subaru you won for a year. Is the car partially loaded or do you have to pay for any extras? Like power windows and A.C.?
We are betting on who is buying the next beer lol
Hopefully you'll get back to us soon cuz I am thirsty lolol
Ok, the process as I understand it is - I am going to Profile Subaru tomorrow to ask questions. Which options are available with the others and see colors and learn a bit. Then on Monday when the nice lady from Subaru HQs in NJ returns from vacation, I will get her exactly what I want to order on the car and she does it. Her advice last Saturday was, "load it up". Car must be a 2010 Outback. Color, trim, engine size, navigation system, radio, all weather package, leather seats, are all up to me. Whatever I pick is covered in the cost. No cost to me. If I want a bike carrier, that is probably extra. That is an accessory - not an option.

I have figured most of it out. The one open question is 4-cyl or 6-cyl engine. All the same options are available with each one. It is performance and gas mileage differences I think. I would like to have the performance - but, do not want to suffer on gas mileage. Not sure where I will end up on that one.

With a Subaru you pick base, Premium or Limited editions. The higher levels include most of the options - including many things that would be optional on other cars. Navigation system and All Weather package (heated seats, heated mirrors and heated wiper blades. In my case I do not have to pay for any of that - just load it up.

paulgla
07-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Brad, can you lease the car just for a year or does it require a longer lease?

Just curious............Paul

Brad
07-30-2009, 05:45 AM
That is fine print I do not know. Based on the wording on the web site - it is just a 1 year lease. It would be nice to have the option to continue it. everyone who knows the details went off on vacation right after STP.

kendra4
07-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Brad thats awesome that all the loaded features are included! :)
I would get the 6 cylinder so your not rolling backward when your subaru climbs Mt Washington ;)
I am sure you cant wait till the subaru representatives are back from vaca!

hobbes
07-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Get the 6 cyl so you can tow the boat. Hey, you can be the first with a power boat atop the peak! Given how much it's been raining around here, the observers might appreciate it for shift change.

Snow Miser
07-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Brad, do you think you would buy the car after the lease since you will probably get pretty comfortable driving it? Especially if you load it up with options.

Brad
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
As of now, I am looking at the options assuming I will buy the car at the end of the lease. It sounds like last year's winner did not do that. He just turned the lease car back in to Profile Subaru the other day. We are a Subaru family. My wife has had 6 or 7 of them. She drives an Outback now. My son drives a WRX STI and loves it. So, keeping this car is a real option.

Most reviews I have read say there is no real need for the 6-cyl. You should not be towing a boat or trailer that weighs more than the car. So, towing the ski boat would not happen. Towing a smaller boat is a real possibility. I am assuming I will go with the better fuel MPG with the 4-cyl.

Looking at the colors at the dealer got me to change from white to the metallic copper. It is a very cool color!

For the 4-cyl and the 6-cyl lines they have 3 trim levels - basic, Premium and Limited. These determine the standard options. With the Limited the 2 major options are moonroof (yes) and navigation system (yes). Everything else is included - 440 watt radio, CD changer, heated seats, heated mirrors, heated wiper blades. Then there are other factory installed accessories which might be possible - will have to ask on Monday.

There are some open questions we should resolve on Monday.

The 2010 is a lot bigger, more headroom, better clearance, a bit wider, longer wheelbase. And it looks very nice!

Oh, the Subaru ladies at the STP dinner said I had to get red as it really looks wonderful. It turns out it is a new color for Forester and not available on the Outback.

Snow Miser
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
They are excellent cars. Had one back around 1985, and it was the best car I ever owned. And now, they are a hundred times better. The ones on display at the Kick-off Party and the dinner were beautiful. Congratulations, and good luck picking yours out. Be sure to post a photo or two on here when you get it so all of us can see it.

MsCntry
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Congrats Brad!!

dont be shy were all family here :)

My other half is right girlfriend!! The table we were sitting at was for forum friends and family!! I made a banner that was meant to be hung over the table, but it was at least on the table, that said MWO Forum Friends. I mentioned after I made it that it should of said Forum Family. I am also shy around people I do not know, but if you don't talk to them how will you get to know them?? ;)

Charlie
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
wow brad so much to think about maybe its not worth winning this prize :eek:

what do you think :D

Brad
07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
wow brad so much to think about maybe its not worth winning this prize :eek:

what do you think :D
I will tell you after I learn who pays for registering the car - in which state - and who pays sales tax. From what I understand this is not the normal lease type deal. We shall see when we know the fine print.

Now if Subaru had a convertible - in red - and with the new red fleeces - oh my goodness that would look nice.

paulgla
07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Would there even be sales tax since it is a lease? And if you do the insurance thru them is it part of the prize?

Brad, you have lots of questions on Monday. It must really feel good to win this after such a great cause.

Brad
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Would there even be sales tax since it is a lease? And if you do the insurance thru them is it part of the prize?

Brad, you have lots of questions on Monday. It must really feel good to win this after such a great cause.
It is one of those things you dream about and hope would happen. But, it never happens to me. The odds in this case are very good even with Kevin trying to say his name is Brad Bradstreet. But, the odds will get worse every year as more and more people shoot for that $1,000 mark.

I feel especially good that I raised almost 50% more this year than last year. Just working it a bit harder each year is a reasonable goal. It is certainly for a great cause.

signed
Chief Executive Cheerleader

Brad
07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Did everyone see this news release that went out before STP? Reading it now is really funny.

http://www.mountwashington.org/news/release.php?id=45

mtruman
07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I have checked and this license plate in Maine is available

http://images51.fotki.com/v1549/photos/5/8235/7780169/MWOSTPvanity-vi.jpg

I was thinking of "MWO ROCKS" but too many letters

Congrats again Brad! If someone else had to win my car I'm glad it was you ;). Definitely love the choice of plate too...

Brad
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Brad, do you think you would buy the car after the lease since you will probably get pretty comfortable driving it? Especially if you load it up with options.
I learned a bit more today. There is no option to extend the lease or to buy the car at the end of the lease. It probably goes back to the internal Subaru accounting since this is a promotion deal, it might be hard to turn it into a sale. So, I loaded it up anyway and sent the information in to order it today.

I really wanted to have it painted with the STP logo on the hood and the winter summit scene on the sides. That would have gotten Subaru's lawyers worried about protecting MWO and using their logos, etc. So, no logos.

Now the countdown has started. Is it here yet?

Snow Miser
08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Even without the lease to purchase option, you will still get to drive a brand new, fully loaded Subaru for the year. How cool is that! Perhaps the Obs would pay for the logos and scene for the car? It would be plenty of free advertising for them where ever you drive it. I bet the anticipation is too much. Good luck, and happy motoring through the mountains.

Brad
08-05-2009, 05:19 AM
I bet the anticipation is too much.
Nope - no big deal. There are 7 weeks and 5 days left till 8 weeks after the order date is up. Then I will be watching route 16 with a web camera to see it heading up to Profile Subaru.

But, who is counting?

PS. The folks over at Profile Subaru were very good. Nice folks. Very helpful - dealing with a person (me) who is not buying a car from them. They are doing it because they like MWO and want to support it. The General Manager had the VIP program cards right on his desk.

Snow Miser
08-05-2009, 12:36 PM
That's great. Keep us posted when that new web camera is up and running so we can watch too.:D

Brad
09-22-2009, 05:28 AM
The latest update on the car is - "probably end of October". Subaru has been having a great year selling cars. Add on top of that the Cash For Clunkers program and dealer showrooms have been wiped out. Some auto manufacturers had cut back on production and the Clunkers program caught them off guard and out of cars. Since the STP Subaru is being handled through HQs in NJ it is not a part of the normal dealer allocations and probably was on the bottom of the pile. Normally that would not be a big deal, but this year all the dealers are trying to replenish stock and the queue has to be longer.

So, I am hoping to get the car - and still find a good weather day to get up the Auto Road for pictures before things shut down. Can we heat the Auto Road and then I will be fine?

Snow Miser
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
The latest update on the car is - "probably end of October". Subaru has been having a great year selling cars. Add on top of that the Cash For Clunkers program and dealer showrooms have been wiped out. Some auto manufacturers had cut back on production and the Clunkers program caught them off guard and out of cars. Since the STP Subaru is being handled through HQs in NJ it is not a part of the normal dealer allocations and probably was on the bottom of the pile. Normally that would not be a big deal, but this year all the dealers are trying to replenish stock and the queue has to be longer.

So, I am hoping to get the car - and still find a good weather day to get up the Auto Road for pictures before things shut down. Can we heat the Auto Road and then I will be fine?

That would be great if they can deliver it before the mountain gets socked in with snow. I bet you are really counting the days now.:) If they can't heat the Auto Road for you, maybe we can hook a couple of flame throwers to front of the car to melt the snow, or airlift it up there so you can get the photos you want.:D Crazy idea, I know.

Charlie
09-22-2009, 08:19 PM
i hope your year does not start until you get the car :eek:

Brad
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
i hope your year does not start until you get the car :eek:
I will record the day I pick up the car for the 12 month lease.

Charlie
09-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I will record the day I pick up the car for the 12 month lease.

very good i hope you have next month so i can see it and go for a ride :D

Brad
11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, we have a mini-update. There is activity. It sounds like a VIN will be assigned "soon". That will mean it is heading for manufacturing. My guess is we will see a car in December.

I stopped at Profile Subaru today. They are still running with almost no inventory of new cars. When a delivery comes in 50% of the car carrier is already pre-sold. This has been quite a year for them. They have not seen a slowdown all year.

Charlie
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
well thats good for the workers making the cars

Snow Miser
11-19-2009, 07:36 PM
If you get it by holidays, it will make a nice Christmas present.

Brad
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I got the promised e-mail today with the VIN number and a delivery date to profile Subaru in Conway, NH. ETA at profile is 12/28/2009. So, with them needing to install the remote car starter option, my guess is I will pick the car up right after New Years Day!

Yes, the 12-month contract will be updated to start in January 2010. :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Snow Miser
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
That's great news!!! Just in time for some snowy weather too this winter. And you will be able to drive it to STP10.:)

CHRIS
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Great news Brad. Let me know how you like it. I have been trying to get my wife to look at them and trade her Jeep Liverty in (6 minths or so).You will definetly have to submit some pictures.

Brad
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Chris, we have had 5 or 6 Subaru's over time. My wife normally is the one to drive them and she will not accept anything but a Subaru Outback. They have certainly gotten better over time. The year 2000 Outbacks had transmission problems - and she happens to be driving a 2000 now. Once that work was done it has been great.

For the next year my Toyota RAV4 will be set aside and not even registered while I use my STP9 Subaru. Still have a 2002 Suburban also. So, we have enough cars around. It would be nice to think I could keep this new Subaru since it will be fully loaded and a great car for work.

Anna LeBlanc
12-08-2009, 08:44 PM
So happy to hear you are finally getting your Subaru Brad.Now you can attach those flame throwers to the front and blast the road open for Wed shift changes starting in 2010!!!:D

Anna

Charlie
12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
ok i will be up there on 1-2-10 for a ride :D:D

Brad
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Sounds fine to me.

Snow Miser
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM

Charlie, make sure you get some video from inside the car if Brad decides to blaze a trail to the summit.:D

h2oeco
12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll be on the summit from 12/30 through 1/6/10. :-)

Snow Miser
12-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I'll be on the summit from 12/30 through 1/6/10. :-)

Very nice. Enjoy ringing in the New Year up there!:)

h2oeco
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks. Volunteer weeks are always fun, but this one should be especially good.

Ed

Charlie
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Ed

Brad and myself are doing a week up there sept 22 :D

h2oeco
12-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Sounds good. If you're lucky, you'll have some mild weather, and some not-so-mild weather. :-)

Ed

Brad
12-10-2009, 06:18 AM

Ed
That week will be extra special - especially with the special New Years event. You folks will be very busy.

Brad
05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Charlie and I drove up in the MWO-STP 2010 Subaru Outback on Monday. Here are a couple of pictures.

http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/5/8235/8733545/IMG_8331_2_3f-vi.jpg

http://images26.fotki.com/v937/photos/5/8235/8733545/IMG_8336f-vi.jpg

Brad
06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Suby was at the Lupine Festival at Sugar Hill, NH this week.

http://images47.fotki.com/v1588/photos/5/8235/8798238/IMG_9260suby-vi.jpg

Charlie
06-10-2010, 10:08 PM
i will have to take pictures like that when i win the car this year :D

Brad
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Charlie, you have been riding around in the car all week - what do you think of it? Is it big enough for you?

Charlie
06-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Charlie, you have been riding around in the car all week - what do you think of it? Is it big enough for you?

Im 6'4" tall and im 275lb and i fit in the just as good as my full size pick up truck
so thats why i will win this year

CHRIS
06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Good luck Charlie. I was really impressed by the Suby to..

Snow Miser
06-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Charlie, good luck! Even though I'm competing, I hope you win it this year.:) I'll be happy just to get a red fleece.

MOAB149
06-12-2010, 07:12 AM
As for me, I just want decent weather.

Snow Miser
06-12-2010, 07:54 AM
As for me, I just want decent weather.

Me too Dave!:)

CHRIS
06-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Decent weather is great. But now that I am over the 1000.00 I can't wait for my fleece. Of course a new Suby will be great to. Good luck to everybody. Anyone hear anything on the color of the fleece yet?

Brad
06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
You all have to start talking up the color you want for the fleece. last year we talked up the red color and that is what we got. The forum folk are the most vocal, so, pick a color and see if it is possible. I have my vote in for blue.

Charlie
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
i can go with Blue and if not Red will do as long as i get one and i will this year :D

CHRIS
06-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Any color is good for me. A dark blue or even a forest green would be really nice or even a dark red. But hey I am just happy I am finally getting one so any color is good.

MOAB149
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Something orange to match my green hiking kilt.

Snow Miser
06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Blue would be a nice color. I haven't reach the mark to get one yet, but I do plan to.

Brad
06-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I have the red one and have been wearing it about every day since they came in last year. Must be time to clean it. :cool: Getting another red would not be an issue with me since it is such a great color. But, I would go for another color also.

BlueDog
06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
If they go with the same LL Bean jacket (http://www.llbeanbusiness.com/llbean/browse/pg.jsp?categoryId=cat130002) as the previous two years, we could go with Charcoal Gray or French Blue. My vote is for the Blue, of course! :D

Brad
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
BlueDog Blue sure does look good! Karen, are you listening?

h2oeco
06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I already have two red ones, and a black one - navy blue or charcoal would be nice...

Charlie
06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I already have two red ones, and a black one - navy blue or charcoal would be nice...

and you have
4 tents
8 sleeping bags
4 kayaks
4 stoves
and a partridge in a pear tree :eek:

lol

i also like the charcoal

h2oeco
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
My only comment is that Charlie's numbers are off... ;-)

BAXTERCA2
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM

Hey there Ed -
I have to ask, if Charlie's numbers are off, does that mean you don't have a partridge in a pear tree? :)

Charlie
06-15-2010, 10:24 PM

i know they are ,i dont even remember the things you got . and good luck for this year again

Snow Miser
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Ed is amazing. As of my writing this, he's $24 away from $5,000. Way to go Ed! How do you do it?

CHRIS
06-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Ok so I don't really care what color my fleece is. I am just very happy to be finnaly getting one. So now the question is. What color should I order my new Suby in :D:D?

h2oeco
06-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Ed is amazing. As of my writing this, he's $24 away from $5,000. Way to go Ed! How do you do it?

Thanks - so far, I've contacted about one hundred people re: STP - there are some "tricks" to it, but part of it is just a matter of numbers - i.e. - ask enough of the right people, and things add up... :-)

CHRIS
06-16-2010, 08:51 AM
You are doing great as usual Ed. I you ever feel like you have enogh please feel free to list my link ;)
Keep up the good work.

h2oeco
06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks Chris - I'm sending another batch of checks off to Karen today... :-)

Hope your fundraising is going well.

Ed

hobbes
07-22-2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/07/12/daily38.html

Subaru of America Inc. said Friday it will offer wi-fi in its 2011 Outback
models. The Subaru Mobile Internet system creates a wi-fi hotspot for 10 or
more users within 150 feet of the vehicle. The system, which operates on a
3G network, was created by a San Francisco-based company, Autonet Mobile,
which was founded in 2005. Autonet has also form partnerships with
Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Cadillac, GM and Volkswagen, according to its
website.

Brad
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/07/12/daily38.html
I might have to get a 2011 instead of the 2010 I have. Or just win it again this year.

BanjoChris
07-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Brad,

I think winning it again is a much more efficient way to go!

As I recall, last year you were all over this board claiming victory before the hike...any prognostication this year?

Chris

kendra4
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
I am claiming the victory this year! ;)

Brad
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Charlie might be upset with this....

Snow Miser
07-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Charlie is claiming victory already, so.....

BanjoChris
07-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I am so torn...on the one hand, it would be cool to win the use of a nice new car for a year...on the other, I already have 2 late model cars that I woulnd't want to get rid of...I guess I would be lucky to have such a problem!!

Regardless, good luck to all!!!

On another note, ECO has some competition for Keys to the Castle this year...now his odds are only 50/50.

Chris

Charlie
07-22-2010, 04:42 PM
im wining this year because it is the first time for me to hit the $1000 mark

Rich
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I already told you all.... I'm taking it home this year. Sorry.

Brad
07-22-2010, 09:31 PM
I put a car away for a year and did not register it. If I am able to buy the 2010 STP Subaru at the end of the year, I will sell the other car (I will keep my wife's Subaru - but she will be wanting a new one soon) and the black Suburban (license plate MIB).

Brad&Val
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I am sorry guys, but according to the official rules only people who raise over $1,000 and are named Brad are eligible to win the car, so I guess just Brad and I are in the running this year :)

Brad
07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
I am sorry guys, but according to the official rules only people who raise over $1,000 and are named Brad are eligible to win the car, so I guess just Brad and I are in the running this year :)
And since I have it all figured out how to register - drive - take care of it as the car deserves - I will graciously accept it - again.