PDA

View Full Version : Exciting times

Brad
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Most of you think of me as the guy who loves Maine and NH and works in NC. The number of miles each year put on a car between NC and Maine has been 'extreme" in anyone's book. Well, that is changing.

I have decided to go for a significant career change. On Wednesday this week I start the Maine state real estate agent course and plan on taking the exams and getting licensed this fall. This will put me on the lake for waterskiing in the morning and close to Mt Washington for hikes. It is quite a change but I am looking forward to it all.

As a group, you all are the first to know.

PS, Charlie, this does mean we might be able to do a summit volunteer week together - finally.

mtruman
08-01-2009, 01:16 PM
That's just awesome Brad - I'm really happy that this is working out for you. Nice that you have your official real estate vehicle ready for this year as well ;) But alas, poor Corey. The Brad bus is now out of commission long term...

CHRIS
08-01-2009, 01:16 PM
That sounds fantastic Brad. good luck on your Career change.

Brad
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Knowing Corey, he will figure out how to get here. He is already talking about winter hikes with his son. Airport runs in the STP will certainly happen.

Bretton Woods Brat
08-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Best of luck Brad! ;)

Tim&Val
08-02-2009, 08:04 AM
That's very exciting, Brad! This sounds like you're making a fantastic opportunity for yourself!! Good luck!

Valerie

Charlie
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
PS, Charlie, this does mean we might be able to do a summit volunteer week together - finally.

wow thats good now we need an opening

and did you say that if we used you to get a house you would wave your fees for forum members :D

KathyC
08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm envious.......

I wish you all the luck in the world, I'm sure it will work out just fine.

paulgla
08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
As the newbie here I am curious what your career is now that you are switching from? It is none of my business but it can't hurt to ask. I love your photography by the way.

Good luck with the change...........Paul

Rich
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Awesome, Brad! I'll be your first client...a lake front cabin please. Or even land for now. Nice meeting you at STP.

Brad
08-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks folks. I was a senior manager in IT responsible for online banking and call center application development at a large regional bank (between #9 and 11 in the US typically) in NC. I have done consulting and may accept short term engagements in the winter.

This is a big change and now that things are slow in real estate I will use the time to get organized. I am just now starting to be more aware of what is on the market just on this lake and it is amazing. But, I have to wait till I get my license - hopefully soon.

Charlie, I will definitely wave when we close on your lakefront cabin. I will shake your hand too. Some of the things coming up this fall can be moved a bit on the schedule. A couple of things are already locked in. So, if you hear about a volunteer week at the summit opening up, let me know.

Snow Miser
08-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Best of luck in your new career Brad! A career change after having such a great position with the bank will take some adjustment, but will certainly breathe new life into everything you do from now on. I know first hand after being layed-off as an Operations Manager with Motorola about six years ago. And you should be positioned quite well to take advantage of the market when it bounces back. And living in Maine fulltime, I am envious too.....

TrishandAlex
08-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Brad, it's a fine thing to rearrange your life so that you can be where it is that you want to be. Not many people have the courage to do what you're doing. Congratulations to you!

hobbes
08-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Best wishes on the new career Brad!

Anna LeBlanc
08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Congratulations. Brad! I'm pretty new to the forums too but love your photographic work.Best of luck to you and your family in all your new endeavors.

Brad
08-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Brad, it's a fine thing to rearrange your life so that you can be where it is that you want to be. Not many people have the courage to do what you're doing. Congratulations to you!
I do have to say my wife is a bit nervous. But, the timing is right to get in.

Plus, it gives me a chance to call Charlie's bluff and go for a week on the summit.

Caffeine Addict
08-03-2009, 05:26 PM
good luck to brad i know you can do it

mahony
08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Good luck on the change and congratulations for taking the risk. Too easy to keep doing what we are doing sometimes.

Jimmy Legs and Little d
08-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Brad,
Best of luck on your new venture from one salesperson to another. From what I have read, the real estate market seems to be on the rebound. In case you are curious as to what capacity I am involved in sales; insurance agent (Property & Casualty) for 26 years. To live and work in Maine; The Way Life Should Be!
Donna:)

Brad
08-12-2009, 07:07 AM
My view is the real estate market is great and could not be better - for a buyer. I have friends all over the world who have an emotional attachment to this area of Maine. They vacationed here as kids - or they went to summer camp here. They know what the area has to offer and would love to come back - to a 2nd home or to retire. There are 58 properties for sale on our lake alone. 35 of them have their own waterfront. What an opportunity for a buyer to find something they like!

I want to quickly get positioned to be able to help them. Plus, it lets me stay in Maine and not commute to NC.