PDA

View Full Version : When do you go home after STP

Charlie
08-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I know some people go home sat night and i go home sun morning
but how many stay camping sun night and go home Monday

i ask because i would love to stay 1 more day is some people are hanging around on sun . if some are then we can all have a get together for a cook out camp fire dinner or some thing like that :D

mtruman
08-06-2009, 07:56 PM
We stayed Sunday night at Moose Brook campground (and hung out with Tim and Val who were still there as well). We stayed on till Wednesday as well (and planned to till Friday till Mother Nature intervened). I'm sure we could get a group to hang around for Sunday activities next year...

Charlie
08-06-2009, 08:00 PM
i would stick around bu i like my AC so its a hotel for me but i can come to the camp ground to say hi

Bill O
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Last year we camped Friday night and planned on camping Saturday. But we broke down camp after the turkey dinner and bolted before the storms. Sleeping on the ground just doesn't agree with me.

Snow Miser
08-06-2009, 09:49 PM
We left Sunday morning since all of us had to work Monday and it's an 8 hour drive back to the Philly suburbs. I think next year we will hang around the day after STP, then head home the following day. A post STP get together/cookout would be nice. We stayed at the Jefferson Notch Motel this year and will probably do the same next year, but Moose Brook is only right down the road.

CHRIS
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
We stayed until Friday in Lancaster. However a get together sounds great. We are planning on trying to get into Moose Brook next year.No camper next year will be doing a tent.

mtruman
08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Last year we camped Friday night and planned on camping Saturday. But we broke down camp after the turkey dinner and bolted before the storms. Sleeping on the ground just doesn't agree with me.

You just need a better air mattress :) I have a bad back but amazingly I find that it's better sleeping on the air mattress in the tent then on the brand new mattress on the bed at home. Strange. Even the 1-1/2" thick backpacking inflatable sleeping pad was comfortable. I may have to start sleeping on the floor at home ;)

BlueDog
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I do plan on a longer stay for STP10. Something like 5 days.

RedDogPatch
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
STP09 was a total rush for me and, couldn't stay as much or do things I had planned.
STP10...Now that's another matter that will be well planned, AHEAD OF TIME.
I'll bring my Airstream trailer back East for the week long stay.
ciao
R-D-P

Tim&Val
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
We like the site that we get each year at Moose Brook, so I book it very far in advance. When you book that early, you need to reserve three nights. Thus, we're always there Friday to Monday!

Valerie

Even the 1-1/2" thick backpacking inflatable sleeping pad was comfortable. I may have to start sleeping on the floor at home ;)

Mark, I think this is a calling! You need more time in the woods!