PDA

View Full Version : Overnight question

redsoxfan910
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I've hiked Washington a few times in the past to ski on day trips, but Ive never stayed over. My question is, if me and one other friend go up for 4 days, arriving around 2 PM on Friday, what's the chance we get a spot at Hermit Lake? I know the question is difficult to answer, but if anyone even has any slight idea to our chances that would be great. We're driving pretty far to get up there, so we really can't make it much earlier.

KD Talbot
08-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd say if you arrive by 2pm on Friday your chances are pretty good. The earlier the better, though.

Side note: We camped last night near Bretton Woods. Overnight temps were in the high thirties. I'm guessing it was colder at Hermit Lake. Temps dropped to 32 yesterday on MW.

KDT

redsoxfan910
08-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd say if you arrive by 2pm on Friday your chances are pretty good. The earlier the better, though.

Side note: We camped last night near Bretton Woods. Overnight temps were in the high thirties. I'm guessing it was colder at Hermit Lake. Temps dropped to 32 yesterday on MW.

KDT

alright thank you. I said this in the other thread I accidentally made, but sorry I somehow made two threads, I think one got made and didn't get posted right away because I'm new so I thought it didn't work, my bad. If someone wants to delete one of these, I'd appreciate it.

redsoxfan910
08-10-2009, 09:15 PM
alright thank you. I said this in the other thread I accidentally made, but sorry I somehow made two threads, I think one got made and didn't get posted right away because I'm new so I thought it didn't work, my bad. If someone wants to delete one of these, I'd appreciate it.

well good news, I called up today and AS OF NOW there are no booked groups for this weekend at Hermit Lake..I'll call Thursday afternoon also before we leave. If anyone's going up this weekend let me know!