PDA

View Full Version : Marty...

brosati
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Great picture of Marty on the observer comments page today! The other photos attached we super also!
B:)

Snow Miser
08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I agree. Great close-up of Marty. I made it the desktop background on my computer and it looks really cool.:D

brosati
08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Bob,
I saved it also. It was too good to pass up.
B

Brad
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
And I added it to our archive site http://public.fotki.com/MWO/favorites/summit-cats/

Anna LeBlanc
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Loved the picture of Marty.We're going up to the summit tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some good shots of Marty of my own.;)

Snow Miser
08-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Loved the picture of Marty.We're going up to the summit tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some good shots of Marty of my own.;)

We will be looking forward to seeing them.:)

mtruman
08-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Glad you pointed these out - I had missed the comments on Tuesday. The shots of the fox and the sunrise/sunset are awesome!

Anna LeBlanc
08-14-2009, 03:34 PM
We has not been to the summit in several years and the last time we were there we were not OBS members.So now that we are OBS members we decided to drive up and meet everyone.On the way up the road almost to the summit we spotted an OBS vehicle pulled of to the side.So we stopped and got out and had a chance to meet OBS staff member Michelle Cruz and another wonderful young lady. They were doing time-lapse of the clouds coming over the summit.After talking for several minutes we found out that they had both spent time in Southeastern Ma and RI where we come from.Talk turned to local delicacies like Portuguese sweetbread and chourico,chow mein sandwiches and coffeemilk.We piled back into the car and it was off to the summit.Our original plan was to hike down to the Lake of the Clouds Hut.We started off and soon encountered fog and then rain and decided we better return to the summit and not take a chance:( Upon getting back we went down to the OBS museum and talked to the very helpful museum attendant Sharon who arranged for our tour of the OBS.Everyone from the observors to the interns to the volunteers were very friendly,informative and helpful.Even answering my friend Colleen's questions about how you have to change recipes at that altitude.The weather outside was pretty lousy so Marty was inside the OBS.We got plenty of time to pet him and play with him with some new toys we had brought up for him:DHe was extemely sweet and friendly even letting Colleen pick him up and then he sat on her lap and let her scratch his chin seeming very content.He looks great all shiny and very silky fur now.No more dental problems are a big help I'm sure.If anyone reading these forums is not an OBS member please consider joining.They really are a wonderful,friendly,extremely hard working group of very dedicated people who deserve all the support we can give them.It was truly wonderful to finally be able to put a face and voice to the names of the people I e-mail on the summit.We will try to make the trip an annual rite from now on we had such a good time.Snow Miser I wish I could post my pictures here for you to see but I'm new to the computer and haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet.:mad:

Snow Miser
08-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Anna, it sounds like you had a wonder trip, despite not having the best weather. Glad you had a chance to meet and photograph Marty. It's also great that you became a member. I also joined earlier in the year and I am really glad I did.

Posting photos on here is very easy once you do it a few times. There are instructions under "FAQ", "Reading and Posting Messages", then "Attachments and Images". They are pretty straight forward, but can be a little confusing if you're just starting to use your computer. If you know someone that has more experience, ask them if they can walk you through it.

The best way is to put your photos on a photo hosting website. There are many out there on the Web to choose from. Some free, most only charging a nominal fee per year. Then, not only can you share your photos here, but you can send the website link to your family and friends so they can view them on their own computers. Once your photo hosting account is setup, you simply upload your photos to albums that you give names to. You might call one "Mount Washington August 2009". Another might be "Maine Vacation 2009". In this way, you can keep them neatly organized just like you would a paper photo album.

If you only have a few photos that you want to display, you can upload them as attachments, then insert them into your post. The forums only give you a certain amount of disk space per member though, so the other way is better.

Basically, all you are going to do here on the forums, once you have your photos hosted, is start a new thread or reply to one, give it a title if you wish, then in the body of the message, write a sentence or two about the photo you are about to insert, skip a line, click the icon that looks like a mountain on a yellow postcard, then paste the web link to the actual photo you want to display in the pop-up box, then click OK. You get the web link by pointing to the photo you want to display, right click, select Properties, highlight the entire Address/URL, then hit Ctrl C to copy it. I mention the steps above assuming your using a PC and not a Mac. After that, repeat those steps to post more if you want to.

If you have any problems, just ask here. There are many pros that might be better at explaining it to you like Brad, Kevin, Ed, and ForestGnome. We look forward to seeing your photos.:)

Anna LeBlanc
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Thank you for all the info.I'm going to try to get one of my friends that know what they're doing to help me.I really am computer illiterate:(

Bill O
08-15-2009, 08:01 PM
There's no nice way to say it, so I will.

Paragraphs are essential too. It makes the reading experience far more enjoyable for others.

Anna LeBlanc
08-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you Bill.Next time I'll do a better job.

MelNino
08-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Hope sweet Marty is doing well :)

Anna LeBlanc
08-21-2009, 08:07 AM
He's doing very well MelNino:) The summit crew seem to agree that he has actually gotten sweeter since his trip to the vet.Just imagine having a toothache and not being able to ask anyone for help.:eek:;)
When we were at the OBS last week visiting him he was rubbing up against all of us and playing with all the toys we brought up for him.Very happy little guy.;)