PDA

View Full Version : columbia gorge

smithtim
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM
So not exactly a hike in the white mountains, but still a little hike so I figured I'd share it here

We initially were going to stay 6 days in Seattle to explore the north cascades & olympic national pakr, but just before leaving Florida I found out that the blue angles were going to be in Seattle and naturally everything would probably be real busy... so we changed the plan and headied down to Portland for the weekend and took this nice hike in the Columbia Gorge area up Wahkeena falls trail ( about 1500 feet gain in a few miles)

The first picture is of a pile of ranier cheiires at the farmers market which my wife lived on teh whole time we where out there

The second & third pictures are of the falls on the way up, about halfwayis, with me in one of the pictures

smithtim
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
here are a few pictures of the top, including one of Kelli as the actual spring

smithtim
08-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Then after the hike we drove over ( way over) to the Oregon coastline and found some nice rocks to eat lunch on...

I also have some pictures of our hikes up Shannon ridge area of Mount Shuksan that we did on the preceding Tuesday & hurricane ridge area of Mount Olympus / Angles on the preceding Thursday.

p.s. sorry for the little attachment pics; I'm just begin lazy as it is so much easier to just attach them here rather than spending all that time to upload them to a third party site etc,

Snow Miser
08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Really nice photos Tim. It looks beautiful out there on the west coast. Thanks for sharing. Also, those cherries are excellent! I wish they cost $2 a pound out this way. Usually more like $5 or $6 a pound.

JimS
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
These shots are great...complimenting what sounds like a great trip. Great that you've gotten out there...

The gorge is high on my list...from the falls to the flowers to the views...I've seen some amazing pictures from that area...