PDA

View Full Version : Flags on the 48 - -Washington

TrishandAlex
08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi kind Observatory folks,

I've signed up to fly the flag on Washington for Flags on the 48.

Could those in the know pm me to give me tips/preferences on where I should fly the flag? I'd love any advice you could give me.

Thanks!

Snow Miser
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Perhaps the folks at the Obs would let you fly it at the top of the tower - the highest point of all. That would be like building the new 1 World Trade Center higher than the Twin Towers just to show no one can defeat this great country of ours!

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

Breeze
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Congrats Trish!

From my "office" at the Toll House on the Auto Road I have seen some awesome FOT48's over the last five years. We've had Uniformed Service Color Guards representing NH Guard units, we've had Honor Guards from NH Harley Owner Groups ( yes, the Flag has been carried up proudly by motorcycle), and the Flag has gone up by car with a son of a 9/11 victim, in a procession of 11 cars.

Other years have been less fanfare, but it always makes me well up a LOT. On the best weather day I have been able to pick out with Binocs the flags on Adams, Madison, Wildcat and Carter, ( and zipping up to the Glen House Parking Lot, I could get MW summit flag, too) Seeing 5 was just amazing.

Breeze