PDA

View Full Version : Climbed Iron Mountain Last Weekend

KSearl
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I climbed Iron Mountain last weekend which is not a very popular destination. The mystery intrigued me. Please check out my trip report on Hike New England. I'm hoping it becomes more popular one day and the trails get the attention they deserve.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.hikenewengland.com/IronNH090903.html

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Karl

Tim&Val
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
A hike with beautiful views and I had never even heard of it before! It's going onto the list of pending hikes right now! Looks like you had a great day for it too - there's been a lot of that in the last two weeks. :D

I also really like your web site! Lots of great information. I need to spend more time checking it out.

Edit: Ah, I get it now! You submitted your trail report with pictures to the web site. I wondered why Fisher Cat was suggesting that you go back to your own site for information on the Hitchcock-Flume Spur. Duh!

Valerie

KSearl
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks. Yes, Hike New England is a great website. I would suggest it to anyone. The people you work with to submit the trail report are extremely fast, helpful and fun to work with.

Karl

Snow Miser
09-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Very nice TR and photos. It looks like some great views from a mountain less traveled. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!

mtruman
09-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree with the others here - what a great (unknown) hike! Definitely one for our list as well. Should be a really nice fall hike when the leaves have turned. You also raised my interest in hikenewengland. I'd seen a couple of TRs on the site before but hadn't paid enough attention to their overall approach. Looks like a great system. May have to submit one or two of my own and get a couple of "froggy bags". It will be a regular hiking resource for us from now on too.