PDA

View Full Version : Monroe

Addicted
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
A little help please! Did Eisenhower via the Edmunds path back on 9/12 for FOT48 then trotted over to Monroe and down the Ammo. We were in the clouds all day and had zero view which bummed me out. Now it's been bugging me and I feel like I need to go back to Monroe, in good weather! I fell going down on the ammo, and some of the large flat rocky section sketch me out a little bit. What is the best/easiest way to do Monroe that is reasonable for a day hike?? Maybe a loop so I don't have to do the ammo up and back again, since I wasn't the biggest fan on the way down. This is what I do all day at work, dream up my hikes....

FisherCat
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Try this loop: Still go up the Ammo, get Monroe, but you can use Crawford Path to get down to the Edmands path and use that done. I like Edmands Path very much. NOTE: This would require a carspot, or extra legs to walk back to the Cog lot.

Addicted
09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I was thinking something like that. Or including Caps Ridge around Jefferson (no need to summit there) but I'm not sure how far of a hike that actually is from monroe. Always looks doable on the map! But I do like Edmunds, have gone up it twice, never down, but it seems like it would be a good home stretch. And the hoof across the ridge from Eisenhower to Monroe is easy. We did that in pretty good time (of course we had nothing to stop and admire along the way!). And I would hope going up the ammo would be more pleasant than comig down, but I could be wrong about that too.

Snow Miser
09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
The Ammo up is definitely easier than going down, especially if it's wet.