View Full Version : Sad report

Brad
09-29-2009, 02:34 PM
This just came through today.

CO Alexander Lopashanski: 603-271-3361
Lt. Robert Bryant: 603-271-3127
September 29, 2009

MANCHESTER MAN KILLED IN FALL FROM CATHEDRAL LEDGE IN NORTH CONWAY

CONCORD, N.H. -- New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Conservation Officers have recovered the body of a Manchester man who fell to his death from Cathedral Ledge in North Conway in an apparent suicide. Steven J. Clark, of Manchester, N.H., age 52, was reported last seen by his wife about 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 26. She reported him missing to the Manchester Police Department on Sunday afternoon.

At approximately 4:30 p.m. on Monday, September 28, two climbers walking along the base of Cathedral Ledge in North Conway discovered Clark's body. They immediately hiked back down the trail and called for help, initiating the emergency response. Clark's vehicle was located in the parking area at the top of Cathedral Ledge, and his body was found on the ground at the base of the 600-foot cliff, at a point below the fenced viewing area.

New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers were assisted in the recovery by the North Conway Fire Department, North Conway Ambulance, Conway Police Department, Bartlett Police Department, and the Mountain Rescue Service.

No further information is available at this time.

- ### -

--
Copyright 2009 New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. Comments or questions concerning this list should be directed to jane.vachon@wildlife.nh.gov.

CHRIS
09-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Very sad. I often wonder what makes prople do stuff like that. My sympathies go out to his family.

Snow Miser
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Very sad indeed. I think these hard times we are all in drives some to do irrational things. My sympathies to his wife and family.

Uncas
10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
This reminds me of a story my guide on Mt Washington told me last year, his first rescue turned into a recovery. A principle jumped off near Tuckrmans(I think) I remember him telling me this happens a lot.
I do think a lot of these people suffer from schizophrenia. I know of two people who jumped from heights and both had the disease.