PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Obs/ MWSP Staff.

Breeze
10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
You guys are awesome with repeating the message in Forecasts and Comments that hikers need to be prepared for the full round trip on their own two feet!

Short time now for those of at the base of the Auto Road. As we all transition into Winter, thank you OBS and MWSP staff. I hope the winter treats you all well, and I look forward to May 2010.

Breeze

Brad
10-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I was hoping to get a final drive to the summit in my new car to take summit/car pictures. But, it has not arrived yet and the road is closing down. We will have to aim for Spring pictures.

Charlie
10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
the car is small enough we can put it on the snow cat to take it up there :D

Snow Miser
10-18-2009, 02:44 PM
the car is small enough we can put it on the snow cat to take it up there :D

That's a great idea! And if they don't go for that, we still have the crazy idea of a flame thrower or a helicopter transport.:D:p:D

Snow Miser
10-18-2009, 02:46 PM
All kidding around aside, any news from Subaru lately?

Anna LeBlanc
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
That's a great idea! And if they don't go for that, we still have the crazy idea of a flame thrower or a helicopter transport.:D:p:D

I think they should just attach a flatbed car to the Cog and put the Subaru on it and get it up to the summit!!!:D

_________________-
Anna

Snow Miser
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I think they should just attach a flatbed car to the Cog and put the Subaru on it and get it up to the summit!!!:D

_________________-
Anna

Anna, that's the best idea yet. If Brad takes delivery in the next week or two before they close for the winter, well, who knows what kind of strings he can pull.:D

Brad
10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
All kidding around aside, any news from Subaru lately?
I have an e-mail to Abana asking for status - but she is off at another event right now. I am sure we are getting close. Since we have driven Subarus for years I know how well they do in winter. Since, the snow cat or truck could not get up the mountain the other day for shift change, I could use the new Subaru and tow them up next time.

Anna LeBlanc
10-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I have an e-mail to Abana asking for status - but she is off at another event right now. I am sure we are getting close. Since we have driven Subarus for years I know how well they do in winter. Since, the snow cat or truck could not get up the mountain the other day for shift change, I could use the new Subaru and tow them up next time.

Go for it Brad!!Maybe they'll let you operate the snowcat for shift changes this Winter if you can do it.:D

paulgla
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Brad, isn't the new Subaru like 'Go Go Gadjets' car? Just hop in and say 'Go Go Brad' and the Subaru will sprout helicopter blades and put chains around the tires! When you are done on the summit just say 'Go Go Brad' and the Subaru will sprout ski's for a kewl ride down.

Brad
10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Brad, isn't the new Subaru like 'Go Go Gadjets' car? Just hop in and say 'Go Go Brad' and the Subaru will sprout helicopter blades and put chains around the tires! When you are done on the summit just say 'Go Go Brad' and the Subaru will sprout ski's for a kewl ride down.
Let me call NJ and make sure this is included. Maybe that is what the "Remote Starter" option is.