PDA

View Full Version : OBS member overnight trip

Charlie
11-07-2009, 01:11 PM
is some thing like this possible ,i know there is a bunk room for 6 but if it is in the summer time could people sleep anywhere in a sleeping bag .
we could all bring up some food to help with a dinner , breakfast and lunch is on our own .i think if you do a $100 amount you would get a lot more people on this one night trip then all the EDU trips .
it would be fun if all the forum members would make it [ we would all have to have a computer to talk to each other to keep it the same :D ]

what do you think could some thing like this work :)

Bill O
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds like fun. I believe there are (fire) regulations as to how many people the Obs can accommodate. In many ways it is a hotel, but there is no way to satisfy all the requirements of a hotel so technically, only members can stay on the summit. That way it is more of a club than a hotel. Although, during the summer there is plenty of room in the cafeteria area and plenty of bathrooms. But that doesn't belong to the Obs.

Charlie
11-07-2009, 06:53 PM
your right bill there would be a lot to check into .it would be for members only and im sure if it is a nice night out some people would love to sleep out on the deck .if its not nice there is the OBS store and the meeting room to sleep in .

just a thought ;);)

mtruman
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Sign us up! Sounds like a blast!

BlueDog
11-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I can just imagine what the web cam archive will catch with a bunch of us geeks camped out on the obs deck!

Charlie
11-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I can just imagine what the web cam archive will catch with a bunch of us geeks camped out on the obs deck!

it would be a fun time

Snow Miser
11-08-2009, 10:33 AM
This would be cool! We could all do a group photo too.:)

diasirweria
11-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I think our first JDMVip meet should be somewhere in Japan. I wonder how many people would show up ? lol