PDA

View Full Version : Ryans coment 11-8

Charlie
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Ryan you said that when you go out at night you have a 2 way radio to call for help ,who is on the other end .

im glad that nothing ever happened to the night workers .i would have thought there would be something different as a safety like a dead man alarm .
You hit it when you go out and if you dont get back in to turn it off it sounds an alarm after a set time so it tells the others that are sleeping some thing is wrong

just an idea

Knapper
11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Ryan you said that when you go out at night you have a 2 way radio to call for help ,who is on the other end .

If I feel going out will be too dangerous (mostly winds over 100 mph sustained than anything else), I will give a radio to one of the day observers. If I really don't feel comfortable, I will ask someone (interns usually) to stay up until after the 1 am synoptic or if they wouldn't mind waking up briefly for it. Out of all the years working here, I only feared for my life twice and regreted not waking anyone up: once when experiencing winds over 100 mph for the first time as an intern on an icy deck and the night when winds reached 158 mph.

Charlie
11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
If I feel going out will be too dangerous (mostly winds over 100 mph sustained than anything else), I will give a radio to one of the day observers. If I really don't feel comfortable, I will ask someone (interns usually) to stay up until after the 1 am synoptic or if they wouldn't mind waking up briefly for it. Out of all the years working here, I only feared for my life twice and regreted not waking anyone up: once when experiencing winds over 100 mph for the first time as an intern on an icy deck and the night when winds reached 158 mph.

thats good i dont know what its like out there but if all of you feel safe then thats good
just looking out for you night workers

thanks for clearing it up