PDA

View Full Version : Stp 10

CHRIS
11-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Just got an email and it said the registrations will start December 1 WOOHOO can't wait that means its getting closer.Only 8 months to go :D. Maybe that will give me enough time to get over $1000.00 and finnaly get my fleece.

Snow Miser
11-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I got the email yesterday too. Great news! Can't wait to sign up. I put it on my calendar as one of the first things to do on Dec. 1st.:)

Charlie
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Just got an email and it said the registrations will start December 1 WOOHOO can't wait that means its getting closer.Only 8 months to go :D. Maybe that will give me enough time to get over $1000.00 and finnaly get my fleece.

me to they better order more fleece for this year i think they will need them ;)

Brad
11-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Do we ask for yellow this year?

Charlie
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Do we ask for yellow this year?

i dont care as long as i get one

Snow Miser
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Yellow might not be a bad color.

Anna LeBlanc
11-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Yellow might not be a bad color.

Yellow would be really good Bob so that we can find you in the fog.:D

Anna

kendra4
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Brad and Snowmiser....YELLOW!
I had to check out LLbean to see what kind of yellow they would offer and YAY to NO yellow! They dont have the fleece in yellow
WHEW!

Snow Miser
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe yellow would be a little bright. The green and blues look nice.

Brad
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
The red is awesome. I wear it almost everywhere.

kendra4
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I was wondering what shade the yellow would be ....
Blue sounds nice and I LOVE my mountain red :)

Charlie
11-14-2009, 05:34 PM
lime green :D

mtruman
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, I like the red too (as you've probably noticed). Definitely no problem showing up. I believe that green and blue are the only other two colors besides the black and red if they stick with the same model. Yellow would be nice though - you could get another mile or so of visibility :rolleyes:

CHRIS
11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
It doesn't make a different with me as long as I can raise enough this year to get one. It could be any color except pink.

Anna LeBlanc
11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
It doesn't make a different with me as long as I can raise enough this year to get one. It could be any color except pink.

I don't know about that Chris;I know alot of guys that look great in different shades of pink!!!;) One of the shirts my husband had when we were first married 21 years ago had tiny little pink checks all over it and I thought he looked very handsome.:)

Haven't really seen many pink fleeces tho.

Anna

Addicted
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
You could always be like the fishermen and call it 'Nantucket Red' (we all know it's pink).

Brad
11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
It looks like Observer red to me.

njhiker
12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey,

It's December 1st and I can't register!!! Need to register now!!! I can't wait!!! Something is wrong with me I have been counting down the days just until I can register and the day is here and I can't!! What am I going to do now, I think I will just stay on my computer all day and night until I can register....Problem is after I register I'm going to be anxious to start climbing! I need a time machine! :D

Brad
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
As we say in our family - "cool your jets" :-)

You are in NJ and it is only 3:24 PM. Midnight is still a long ways off. They may be close to the Big Reveal.

Snow Miser
12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
It would be nice if the site is up and running by this evening. I am going to try an register when I get home from work. Otherwise, I will try to exercise some patience too.:D

Brad
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
It is live!

http://images54.fotki.com/v556/photos/8/8235/242566/STP10-vi.jpg

Snow Miser
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm in. Congrats Brad! Looks like you were the first one.:)

njhiker
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
YAY! I'm in!!! I can't wait! It sounds like it will be a great time this year! And Brad my jets are cooled now! LOL! :)

Happy Fundraising to all and to all a good night!

Brad
12-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm in. Congrats Brad! Looks like you were the first one.:)
Oh, I was working hard to make sure I was in and registered before Ed. So, I built my page saying I would come back later to enter the text message. Saved it and then went back to compose what I wanted to say to get things started.

In between there I did send an e-mail to Ed and mentioned that for once, I did something "better" than he.

Snow Miser
12-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh, I was working hard to make sure I was in and registered before Ed. So, I built my page saying I would come back later to enter the text message. Saved it and then went back to compose what I wanted to say to get things started.

In between there I did send an e-mail to Ed and mentioned that for once, I did something "better" than he.

That was a great idea, and it worked!

Brad
12-01-2009, 09:27 PM
What are we going for as our total fundraising goal this year?

h2oeco
12-01-2009, 09:47 PM

Faster isn't always better Brad... We won't know for sure though until July... ;-)

Ed

kendra4
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
At the beginning of registration you had the choice of buying $50 into the registration to get a hiking shirt. I opted not to purchase and i wonder if you change your mind theres a link to go back to buy it.
Anyone see a link for that? I am looking for the link but have had no luck finding it.

h2oeco
12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
At the beginning of registration you had the choice of buying $50 into the registration to get a hiking shirt. I opted not to purchase and i wonder if you change your mind theres a link to go back to buy it.
Anyone see a link for that? I am looking for the link but have had no luck finding it.

I don't believe that there is such a link - if you contact Karen at the Observatory, she can probably help you - just reply to the Seek the Peak registration email.

Ed

BlueDog
12-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Dangnabit! I was slow this year, but I'm registered! Just need to work on building my page and updating the widget for 2010.

I'd still like to do a two-day hike for #10. Anyone up for starting Friday and finishing Saturday, with a stay at Lakes?

kendra4
12-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Thank you :)

Brad
12-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Faster isn't always better Brad... We won't know for sure though until July... ;-)

Ed
Faster is better in the race to sign up. It will not help me come even close to your fundraising results.

CHRIS
12-02-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm registered. I also opted for no on the premium package and figured I would go back but I also noticed I can't. I will call Karen to. Oh well here we go again all the stress to get more $$$. Can't wait til July now. Good luck everybody.

Snow Miser
12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I'd still like to do a two-day hike for #10. Anyone up for starting Friday and finishing Saturday, with a stay at Lakes?

Don't you want to attend the Kick-Off Party and concert Friday evening?

hobbes
12-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Fear not, you will be able to purchase the premium package later. Just give the Obs a little more time to get this ready.

jmorrison518
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM

I sent an e-mail to Karen last night. I was at the credit card section, but clicked "back" to change my T-Shirt size, and somehow lost the page. I will let you know what she says.

kendra4
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Thank you JMorrison :)

kayhem
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Kendra & Jim, and anybody else who may be curious: We are definitely going to post a link to upgrade to the premium package; expect it within a week. In the meantime you can give me a call if you'd like & we can handle it over the phone. I'll post a note when it's live. Thanks so much for all your support!

mtruman
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Great to see the big demand for the premium package already (we'll certainly be on that list). Going to mean even more $$ in income...

BlueDog
12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't you want to attend the Kick-Off Party and concert Friday evening?

You're right.. didn't think about that. Bummer. :( I think a group of us at Lakes would have been a blast.

kayhem
12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Just a quick note to all our forum members. Many of you have purchased the premium pacakge for STP 2010. (It's been a lot of fun to watch the quick registration, pledge & purchase activity, by the way!) Here at the office, we were just discussing the site & realize the language is a bit unclear re: the premium package wording. When you purchase it you will definitely receive the cotton long sleeved t-shirt in addition to the premium package. However, purchasing the package does not remove the $100 fundraising minimum to participate in the event. We are working on getting that clarified; if you have any feedback on your take away after completing the registration process I'd be interested in hearing it. Thanks as always for your support and enthusiasm!

Snow Miser
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Just a quick note to all our forum members. Many of you have purchased the premium pacakge for STP 2010. (It's been a lot of fun to watch the quick registration, pledge & purchase activity, by the way!) Here at the office, we were just discussing the site & realize the language is a bit unclear re: the premium package wording. When you purchase it you will definitely receive the cotton long sleeved t-shirt in addition to the premium package. However, purchasing the package does not remove the $100 fundraising minimum to participate in the event. We are working on getting that clarified; if you have any feedback on your take away after completing the registration process I'd be interested in hearing it. Thanks as always for your support and enthusiasm!

I know that I fully understood this during the registration process, but I suppose some did not. Thanks for clearing it up!:)

faegilr
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Can't wait for STP next year! Now I just have to figure out which route we are going to take...maybe up Lion's Head and down Tucks. Hmm...

CHRIS
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Can't wait for STP next year! Now I just have to figure out which route we are going to take...maybe up Lion's Head and down Tucks. Hmm...

I did that route last year and loved it. I might do it again this year but if my wife comes with me we might do the Ammo/Jewell.Which is a nice route to.But heck any route to get me there is great!!!!

crudio
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Premium package purchase option has been posted to the Hiker Resources page (http://www.seekthepeak.org/resources.php) -- get your deluxe hiking shirt now!

...And in case you are wondering, they are really nice. I have already laid claimed the samples (that I just happened to order in my size!) :D

CHRIS
12-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Yea !! Just ordered my premium package.So excited can't wait.