PDA

View Full Version : Why must they taunt me?

MelNino
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
REI is having a sale
North Cove sent me a coupon

I am done with holiday shopping for others

I have this strong need to stock up on hiking supplies....nothing I *need* but there are a few things I want:

North Face Apex Bionic jacket
Warmer trail pants
Winter gloves with liners
Warmer hat, good for snow and wind
Ice axe
random camping supplies

I *must* be good, I *must* be good

hahhaha

billysinc
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Step away from the coupon and don't make eye contact

adknight
11-21-2009, 06:21 PM
If you don't already own a mountaineering axe and you climb during the winter season I'd suggest you either pick one up or ask Santa for one. Other than that you can make due.

Also, not to knock your American REI but ... my girlfriend visited that store during her last trip south and when she compaired the US prices to that of our Canadian MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op @ www.mec.ca) and she found the prices to be a bit high (exchange rate considered).

You need to purchase a lifetime membership at the co-op ($5.00) but it's worth checking out. I've purchased the bulk of my gear at MEC and they have an excellent return policy should you be unhappy with something.

mrohssler
11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Checked out the site. Seems to be good prices but shipping options only seem to be in canada

adknight
11-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Checked out the site. Seems to be good prices but shipping options only seem to be in canadaReally? Hmmm ... I suppose I never gave that a thought seeing as how I live close to the store in downtown Toronto. Well, if you know anyone up here or come to Toronto or Montreal (they have over ten locations now across Canaduh) you could always stop in. It's a great place, although I think a lot of their clothes (jackets and pants specifically) are over priced.

Brad
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Hmmm, my son has been flying up to Toronto to work for several months and never told me he could get good deals for me. I wonder why...

MelNino
11-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I have been looking for a reason to hit Canada.....hmm :)