PDA

View Full Version : Skiers Ski Washington on Dec. 3rd...

JimS
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Greg Petrics, a former intern and PhD. Student at Dartmouth, runs a site that is now on my must visit list in winter. Famous internet skiers chronicles him and a group of his dihard backcountry skier friends over the course of the winter. They've logged more ski days so far this year than I might this winter...

Anyway, they did washington on the 3rd...it's awesome!

Enjoy!

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/trip-reports/09-10/tr-to-the-top-and-back/

redthorne
12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Awesome pictures. I wish I had the lens and the talent to take pictures like that.

The main website also has some pics from Le Massif for the skiing fans...which is cool as I plan to be going there in Feb, my first time to Canada.

As for the Washington pics, it is just amazing the many faces nature can put on. It looks so calm and innocent, but just go step out in it and you would quickly change your mind.

Brad
12-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow - what a day

KathyC
12-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I really enjoyed that!

Snow Miser
12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Nice website. Is that a little avalanche in the last set of photos?

Bill O
12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice website. Is that a little avalanche in the last set of photos?

I noticed that. Looks like some wind slab, but nothing serious.

mtruman
12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Incredible! Can't believe they doing that run with as little snow as there is. Lot's of rock showing. The photography is fantastic and they obviously know what they're doing on skis...

gpetrics
12-07-2009, 08:53 AM
thanks for the post Jim! Glad to see you guys over here like what you see!

Jim: This is the year... this is the year we're getting out again on the hill together again! I'm already looking forward to a trip to Oakes or the like some nice sunny non school day in Feb or March... Will I be able to convince you to snap a few action shots though? Only time will tell ;)