PDA

View Full Version : Postal Service Stop Mail

Flippin
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

Going away for vacation and acnt find anyone to get my mail for me so its doesnt build up. I have just a small box out front. Has anyone ever used the stop mail or hold mail service provided by the USPS?

Thoughts/Concerns?

Thanks!

KD Talbot
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
That's what it's designed for. They hold all your mail until you're home. Fill out the form and you can tell them the day to start and the day you expect to be home. You can also tell them that you'll come in to pick it up when you get back. Make sure you're clear on the form.

Competent postal workers do this on a daily basis, can't vouch for the competency of all postal workers, though.

KDT

RI Swamp Yankee
12-15-2009, 02:09 PM
I use the hold mail every time we go away. It works well for me. You can do it directly on the internet. Here is a link to the page.

https://holdmail.usps.com/duns/HoldMail.jsp

Brad
12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I have done it many times

Knapper
12-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Before I upgraded my mail box to a drop box style, I used this service every week I went up to the summit to work my week on week off schedule. I still use it from time to time when i know a package is going to arrive the week I am gone. The online form is easy to fill out and it only takes a few minutes for peace of mind while you are gone.

redthorne
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Have never had a problem here, either. I use the internet based form as well.

Trekker
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
If you're going away for a week or more and have a newspaper delivered, you might want to check with your newspapers circulation department. Many (ours does) have a service to donate your paper to someone or business that could use it - set up much like the postal service - you just let them know when you're leaving and when you're returning . . . just a thought . . .