PDA

View Full Version : quick question crawford notch

smithtim
12-17-2009, 09:47 PM
So I'm going to be back up close to your beautiful mountains (newton,ma) the week after christmas and we were thinking about driving up for a short day hike near crawford ??arethusa-ripley falls?? And I have a quick couple of question:

#1 does anybody know where I could rent a pair of snowshoes other than in the conway village? We'll be coming up 93 to Us302 so maybee somewhere in Bretton woods or maybee somewhere along 93 in southern NH or even Boston

#2 is the only parking area plowed in winter the one right by the lodge or is there also one where the AT croses US302

Thank you in advance and best regards,
Tim.

FisherCat
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
#1 does anybody know where I could rent a pair of snowshoes other than in the conway village? We'll be coming up 93 to Us302 so maybee somewhere in Bretton woods or maybee somewhere along 93 in southern NH or even Boston

Drummonds rents snowshoes and are very helpful, call ahead for any details, they'll help you with info over the phone even.

Link here:

http://www.drummondsmountainshop.com/

mahony
12-18-2009, 06:44 AM
EMS is all over MA (one is in Newton) and they rent snowshoes.

The AT crosses 302 near the Willey House and I imagine that would be plowed. The Arethusa parking lots are pretty big and would seem likely candidates to be plowed, but I don't know for sure.

KD Talbot
12-18-2009, 10:16 AM
They'll be plowed, they both access other things besides the trails.

KDT