PDA

View Full Version : Counting Our Blessings

mtruman
12-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I just posted this holiday message on Facebook but wanted to repeat it here for the rest of my "online friends". It has been another wonderful year of sharing stories and information with each other. I look forward to my visits here each day and my exchanges with everyone here. For those that I haven't met in person yet I hope we have that opportunity in the future. This is truly a wonderful community of people and I count among my many blessings the privilege to be a part of that community with all of you. Here's the rest of the message...

At the time of year when so many of us are running around like crazy getting ready for the holidays and caught up in the general madness I want to take time out to look back on this year and count our blessings.

During a time when a swine flu epidemic and other horrible diseases have swept the world we have our health.

During a time of global economic upheaval and record unemployment I still have my job and can provide for my family

In a world where families are disconnected and distanced we have ours close and gather often to share each others lives

In a time where marriages and family are often treated as temporary things we have just celebrated 30 years together and I have the worlds most wonderful wife and daughter

In days where friendships are lost and old friends gone forever I have reconnected with many who have been disconnected for years (or since childhood) and bonds have been re-formed that will hopefully last a lifetime

In a world where people lead frantic lives and either don't take the time (or aren't able) to do the things that they love we've been able to visit our beloved north country 9 times this year and create memories that will last a lifetime

Our lives have not been perfect. We've had our minor hardships. But a few expensive car and house repairs or a few flooded basements just don't seem to matter much when they stand next to all of the many things that we have to give thanks for. Today the memories of all the bad things have faded and the many blessings shine forth.

In this joyous holiday season my wish for all of my wonderful friends and family is that they are also able to count their blessings. For those that have suffered loss and hardship my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to all

Anna LeBlanc
12-23-2009, 09:41 PM
That was a wonderful message Mark.Thank you.

We want to wish you and your family and all our other forum members and their families the very happiest,healthiest and safest of holidays.

Anna,Gary,Nigel and the kitties

KathyC
12-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Mark, that was beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. I can relate to many of your words, Thank you so much for taking the time share it with us.

My best wishes to you and your family and to everyone here in this message board family. We are truely Blessed.

Kathy C.

KD Talbot
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Beautifully expressed, Mark. Couldn't have said it better! I'd like to express the same wishes to everyone.

KDT

PS Mark- Got your Christmas card this week. I can't help but think something's missing from it. I keep looking at it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. ;)

CHRIS
12-24-2009, 06:50 AM
That was excellent Mark. I also would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Gorque
12-24-2009, 07:37 AM
30 years of marriage for you as well. :)

Very nice message. Merry Christmas.

billysinc
12-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Very well put Mark. Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year to you, your family, and to everyone in our little community here. :)

Snow Miser
12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Very nice and thoughtful message Mark! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, and to all the good folks here on the forums.:)

Charlie
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
very nice Mark and to every one on the forum have a safe and Merry Christmas

Great Guinness Ghost
12-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks Mark. I too would like to wish everyone on the forums and the Obs staff, and families, a Merry Christmas and Happy healthy New Year. And please, everyone, let's keep our service men and women and their families in our prayers as well. Thank you, and God bless!