PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on new pack

CHRIS
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I am looking to purchase another backpack. I want one with loops on the back so I can throw the snow shoes and strap them right down and all the winter gear I need. I also want to use it in the summer to hopefully do some overnights. I have been looking at this pack. The Gregory Palisade 80. Does anybody have any experince with it good or bad?
http://www.rei.com/product/766116
Any input would be appreciated.

mrohssler
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Take a look at Wildthingsgear Packs. They are a few more bucks but are designed for mountaineering and climbing

Charlie
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Chris that is a nice looking pack

kaseri
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
In addition to Wildthings check out Cilogear packs. I own packs from both manufacturers, both are versatile, rugged and lightweight. The only caveat with Cilogear is they make packs to order where as Wildthings has packs in stock most times. Either way you wont make a bad choice.

Brad
01-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I am looking to purchase another backpack. I want one with loops on the back so I can throw the snow shoes and strap them right down and all the winter gear I need. I also want to use it in the summer to hopefully do some overnights. I have been looking at this pack. The Gregory Palisade 80. Does anybody have any experince with it good or bad?
http://www.rei.com/product/766116
Any input would be appreciated.
I have a far better solution for packing anything you might want to bring. It can handle multiple water bottles - all the camera gear you own all at once - clothes - spare clothes - dry clothes - layers of clothes - boots - snow shoes - even your bike can fit on this pack mule. It is able to even carry you up the mountain.

Wow, what a pack!

It is a cool lookin 2010 Subaru Outback. My kind of pack. Don't wear crampons when driving though.

CHRIS
01-07-2010, 06:41 AM
It would be a bit$%$% to drive that with snow shoes on too. LOL your to funny Brad.