PDA

View Full Version : Going back to NH!

MelNino
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
We're going back to NH end of May! Of course we're going to hike Washington (weather permitting) but my bf and I will chill for a few extra days...I hope to snag at least one more 4000'. I think I may have been overly enthauastic about my goals....I may not get 3 new 4000' and Katahdin, but I'll try.

If we make it up, it'll be my 6th summit and if we make it down it'll be my 5th descent!

I should bring Marty a toy...

Brad
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
He likes light weight toys ...

MelNino
01-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Cat Dancers are lightweight:)

Snow Miser
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Hope you can get in as many hikes as possible.

kaseri
01-15-2010, 09:17 PM
By all means bring Marty a toy. Last February I successfully delivered a bunch of toys for Marty and I plan to do it again this February.

Anna LeBlanc
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
We're going back to NH end of May! Of course we're going to hike Washington (weather permitting) but my bf and I will chill for a few extra days...I hope to snag at least one more 4000'. I think I may have been overly enthauastic about my goals....I may not get 3 new 4000' and Katahdin, but I'll try.

If we make it up, it'll be my 6th summit and if we make it down it'll be my 5th descent!

I should bring Marty a toy...

Go for it Mel !!! We hope to start hiking sometime in April if the weather is good.We want Nigel to get at least one 4,ooo ft.this year.He's done Mt Pierce and now we'd like to see him do Mt Jackson.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4278070592_065d001ca2_b.jpg

I'd bet you get your 3 new 4,oooft.

Marty likes the cat toys where the little feather hangs off a string at the end of a pole.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4278036570_b02213b9cd.jpg

And they're very "lightweight."

Anna

KathyC
01-16-2010, 08:51 AM
This past October I didn't hike up, but did send care packages up and there were toys for Marty. One was a remote controlled mouse, the controller is a piece of cheese, lol. I figured it would be something the observers and Marty could have fun with, I often wonder if he likes it.

Snow Miser
01-16-2010, 10:09 AM
This past October I didn't hike up, but did send care packages up and there were toys for Marty. One was a remote controlled mouse, the controller is a piece of cheese, lol. I figured it would be something the observers and Marty could have fun with, I often wonder if he likes it.

Kathy, it would be great to see the remote controlled mouse used in one of the future ObsCast.:D

MelNino
01-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I just have to choose my birthday mountain now :) Hope the wx gods will be nice to me.

Silly question, and I'll probably forget the answer in May, but where should I drop off Marty's toys when I get to the summit?

Love the pix, Anna!

Anna LeBlanc
01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I just have to choose my birthday mountain now :) Hope the wx gods will be nice to me.

Silly question, and I'll probably forget the answer in May, but where should I drop off Marty's toys when I get to the summit?

Love the pix, Anna!

Glad you liked the pictures Mel. If you're an OBS member and are hiking up after the Sherman Adams building opens for the season go to the museum and sign up for a tour of the OBS and give Marty the toys in person.He'll love you for it.:D

Anna