PDA

View Full Version : Lonesome Lake 1/16/10

Addicted
01-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Lonesome Lake was a little harder than I was expecting, but what a great day for a hike in the woods! Microspikes where the way to go, the trail was pretty packed down. Temps were good, the wind was minimal, and the sky was blue. All except for over the summits of Lafayette and Lincoln! I didn't get the photo I came for, but had a good time none the less and got some great shots and some time in outside. Hopefully I can attach the pics without a problem!

KD Talbot
01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice shots! Glad you enjoyed the hike!

KDT

Anna LeBlanc
01-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Looks like you guys had alot of fun.

And that's what it's all about isn't it!;)

Anna

KathyC
01-17-2010, 08:11 AM
It does look like they had fun.

Were you standing right on the Lake? And also, is that a restaurant on the lake?

Snow Miser
01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Very nice photos! Nice day to be out there. Thank for sharing.

Addicted
01-17-2010, 03:09 PM

Were you standing right on the Lake? And also, is that a restaurant on the lake?

We were standing on the Lake. There's an AMC hut on the other side. Instead of having to go around the lake like you would in summer, we got to go right across it.. nice.

mtruman
01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Great hike and pics. I love this hike in winter (and any other time for that matter). The shots of Franconia Ridge are excellent.

Anna LeBlanc
01-17-2010, 09:11 PM

Kathy this would be a great hike for you and your sister to do this Summer.It's a really nice not "killer" hike with great views and you can eat your homemade chocolate chip cookies sitting on the front porch of the AMC hut looking out over the Franconia Ridge!!!;)

Anna

KathyC
01-18-2010, 05:13 AM
It sounds great, I'd also love to try the Jackson Mt. that HappyHiker did, I'd love to see the Gray Jays.

This summer will be to tight for me to get up there though, her daughter, (my niece/ God Child) is getting married on July 9, there will be so much to do and time will be tight this year. Next year (God Willing) I will get 4 weeks vacation.

But we have talked about looking for some spots closer to home to start, easy stuff to start, we get nervous when we can no longer see the road, :D once the weather is warmer though.