PDA

View Full Version : A Must For All Avid Hikers!!

MsCntry
01-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I was playing on Facebook and came across this link. They are made of paracord for survival situations. They have bracelets, belts, ETC. They are reasonably priced and come into great use during emergency situations!! Take a look!! :D

http://www.survivalstraps.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20

mtruman
01-25-2010, 07:10 AM
These are really cool. Good find Diane - thanks for passing it on.

David
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Looks cool. The only problem with this is that once you unravel the rope to actually use it, I don't see how anyone would ever get it back together again!

BlueDog
01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I believe they say on the site that if you use the product in an emergency, they'll replace it free. Pretty cool. Hope people don't abuse the good customer service by claim that they needed the rope to tie down the trunk lid after picking up their new flat screen in order to get a replacement.

sdways01
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
While the items do look nice, you could buy your own roll of cord from Cabela's and just carry a small bundle. It is cheaper, but doesn't make a fashion statement.

Link here (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0030002516838a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&No=18&Ntt=cord&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0)

MsCntry
01-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Looks cool. The only problem with this is that once you unravel the rope to actually use it, I don't see how anyone would ever get it back together again!

I believe they say on the site that if you use the product in an emergency, they'll replace it free. Pretty cool. Hope people don't abuse the good customer service by claim that they needed the rope to tie down the trunk lid after picking up their new flat screen in order to get a replacement.

Hey David, I love the design myself, and after looking at them guess what? I believe I can make them myself. and redo them myself!! They look to be a simple macrame design!

Erich is correct though!! They do say off to the right hand side that if you use them in an emergency, they will replace them for free!!

MsCntry
01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
While the items do look nice, you could buy your own roll of cord from Cabela's and just carry a small bundle. It is cheaper, but doesn't make a fashion statement.

Link here (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0030002516838a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&No=18&Ntt=cord&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0)

Thanks for this useful link as well! Though it may be cheaper, it really isn't space friendly. If you are going on a multi day hike you want to conserve, and use as little space as possible.

I do see that not only could I buy it in bulk and make those bracelets and stuff myself, I could also make some nice hammocks too!! :D