PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

Lawson
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Howdy,

My name's Drew (well Lawson, really... it's a long story), and I'm one of two winter summit interns at the observatory this year. I'm new to the forums, and just wanted to introduce myself. Feel free to direct any questions, comments, concerns, even photo requests my way. I'll do my best to help!

Cheers,

Drew :cool:

Anna LeBlanc
01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice to meet you Drew(Lawson)

And I think you'll find that we're not too shy on these forums.;)

By the way how is our friend Marty doing these days?

Anna

Lawson
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Good to hear-- I tend to be pretty unreserved myself.

I think Marty's been enjoying the reposeful atmosphere that this storm has brought to the observatory. He's been unusually playful and, strangely enough, very calm. If you check out the ObsCast-- the last four or five seconds show Marty in his most recent bout of playfulness.

Edit: And thanks Diane, I look forward to chatting!

MsCntry
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Very nice to meet you Drew (Lawson)!! Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to some great convo! :)

BlueDog
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Welcome Drew! Its always nice to have some direct virtual connections to the fine folks up top. We're a fun, yet quirky assortment of folks here.

New intern you say? :rolleyes: Photo requests you say? :rolleyes: You know, since we hardly know who you are, a self portrait might be best... while riding a tricycle on the observation deck, wearing a scuba mask and balancing a piece of carrot cake on your head.

:D

Lawson
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
... and I thought the footage of our tricycle race was obscured by fog. Naturally, the self-contained breathing apparatus was necessary at elevation. haha

Oh, and I'm a bit camera shy. Perhaps a photo of today's 0 - 1/16mi visibility?

CHRIS
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Welcome Drew/Lawson. Yes it is always nice to talk to people on the summit. I do think Bluedogs ideas are pretty good. All while pouring some milk in a glass. Look forward to your pics and comments.

MelNino
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello, hello :)

Nice to meet you Drew/Lawson!

mtruman
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for introducing all of us "quirky folks" to Drew,Erich. Drew - welcome to the forums. Please ignore Erich. The carrot cake is not required. ;)

Seriously, it's great to hear from someone else on the top. Look forward to you joining the conversations here.

Lawson
01-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I definitely look forward to chiming in.

Snow Miser
01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Welcome Drew/Lawson! You have joined a great group of folks on these forums. I look forward to reading your posts about what's going on up there.:)

BlueDog
01-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for introducing all of us "quirky folks" to Drew,Erich. Drew - welcome to the forums. Please ignore Erich. The carrot cake is not required. ;)

Seriously, it's great to hear from someone else on the top. Look forward to you joining the conversations here.

OK, OK. I'll let the carrot cake slide. But the tricycle and snorkel mask stay!

Lawson
01-26-2010, 12:17 PM
haha, you guys are too much.

Is a unicycle kosher? We need to work with what we've got.

CHRIS
01-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I think a unicycle would be perfect :D.

Charlie
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome Drew/Lawson like the others were saying it is good to talk to the people up top we are like one big family
and watch out for that Brad he is a strange one ;)

Brad
01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome Drew/Lawson like the others were saying it is good to talk to the people up top we are like one big family
and watch out for that Brad he is a strange one ;)
Now Charlie - - - no comment

Anna LeBlanc
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
haha, you guys are too much.

Is a unicycle kosher? We need to work with what we've got.

I think it should be a unicycle attached to a snowboard.:D:p:D