PDA

View Full Version : Did I really just go on a huge spree?

MelNino
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Finally used up my REI gift cards....the dividend called to me. Got some needed clothes, nothing to "fun."

Then, since we were tired from out Mt Beacon* hike yesterday, the bf and I decided to hit EMS, where I bought stuff that I didn't "need," but can definitely use....esp since they were having a huge sale! I snagged a down jacket for $50! (though I do feel a tad hypocritical, a vegetarian with a down jacket? meh) Buying stuff at EMS with an REI credit card is always so much fun.

*oh, and my getting back in shape is helping....last year the Mt Beacon hike took us about 6 hours and we were dead afterward...this time it tok us about 4.5 and feeling great!)

mtruman
03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Such an easy thing to do. Our bigger than usual REI dividend was calling this weekend too. Use the 20% coupon and the start of the dividend on a new Osprey Stratos 36 pack. Refrained from getting more stuff that we wanted but didn't need (which doesn't usually stop us) to save the remainder of the dividend for later. Almost went to EMS with the coupon that they emailed me last week but skipped that too. I agree with you about the fun of using the REI credit card at EMS. I suppose it probably makes them happy though since we're buying stuff from them...

Jimmy Legs and Little d
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I agree with you about the fun of using the REI credit card at EMS. I suppose it probably makes them happy though since we're buying stuff from them...

I too, would often wonder why I never received any funny looks using our LL Bean credit card at a competitors store. They must train the employees well.:D

Donna:)

MelNino
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Ha, each time I have used the REI card at EMS, after being teased, the cashiers mentioned they too were REI memebers....one even directed other customers to REI when EMS didn't carry what they looking for.

That kinda awesomeness keep me going back :)

Charlie
03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
i have a Cabelas card and i get the same when i go to LL Bean or Bass pro shop :D
and i went to cabelas this weekend and got stuff that cost $225 and all i had to pay was $30