PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever going to stop raining in NJ?

KathyC
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I usually love rainy days, but this is crazy. I know so many people that are flooded out and it just keeps coming. Thank God so far our house is ok.

Snow Miser
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
The weather forecast looks good starting Wednesday. Maybe then we can all dry out a little.

mtruman
03-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Looks like NJ should be better today. I'm in DC for two days and it stopped raining down here yesterday morning. Things at home in RI are a different story. They even canceled school at most of the schools today due to the flooding - and lots more rain in the forecast today. Time to get the kayaks out for the commute...

MelNino
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
It's miserable in CT.....some parts of I-95 were *almost* flooded (I am not looking foward to my commute home)

Though I must say....I was impressed....usually in rain CT drivers tend to forget how to drive, but with the exception of 2 idiots who didn't have their headlight on, driving into work today was a breeze.

KathyC
03-30-2010, 09:38 AM
They are calling for another 2 to 4 inches in my area today. I think the ducks are even getting tired of it...

(Sorry, maybe I should have put this in the weather forum....)

Snow Miser
03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Heavy rain here too all day today. Kept checking the radar and all I saw was a yellow and red swirling low over most of the NE. Good thing is, tomorrow brings a welcome change. Might even have to break out the shorts this weekend.

BAXTERCA2
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
A little yellow?
I heard on the radio (so, I can't confirm) Taunton, Ma saw 5-7 inches of rain just today. Seems a bit high but, it was great for taking pictures.

Anna LeBlanc
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
We have water in our basement and we now have Lake LeBlanc surrounding our house.Part of the street I work on in Fall River,MA collapsed under the weight of all the water.My husband Gary called me at work today to tell me the swamp across the street from us had overflowed across our street and a woman had hit the flooded area going too fast lost control of her car and went completely off the road into the swamp.What a mess.I'm sick of rain!!!:mad:

Anna

KathyC
03-31-2010, 04:57 AM
I hope that she is ok...

I'm sorry that your basement is flooded, I know a lot of people here too that are.

billysinc
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I work in Warwick, the dumpsters in our parking lot were floating around like ships.