PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk phones

Flippin
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
iPhone or Blackberry?

This is strictly for personal purposes. Personal email, web surfing, etc. I currently have Verizon and love their service/reception. Tell me how you feel about your bill versus your satisfaction. Size, usability, cost, etc.

Snow Miser
04-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Not sure if I can mention the Palm Pre Plus on this thread, but I got one a couple months ago and I love it. It still has a few bugs to be worked out by Palm and Verizon, but overall, it's fantastic. The best thing about it is the multi-tasking. I can move around and do things just like a PC. And I am totally satisfied with Verizon's service and coverage. I played with the Droid at the store and it was very impressive, but the Pre's multi-tasking was what sold me.

BlueDog
04-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm a die-hard iPhone fan. I've got a 3GS and love it. The GPS works great, paired up with EveryTrail app and you've got a great tool for hiking. Also if you geocache there's great apps for it.

MelNino
04-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I am very tempted to get an iPhone when I can update. (I'd have to...my bf converted me to the ChurchofMac)

To sidetrack a bit, my bf is getting the iPad.....we may trail test it in May when we go up Washington

billysinc
04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I recently got the Google Nexus One. Gotta love a phone with a 1ghz processor.
This thing has more power than the first 3 desktop computers I owned combined.

smithtim
04-03-2010, 12:44 AM
quick answer is that I'd go with the blackberry as I'm very happy with mine

But, but but nowdays plans cost to much ($30 for blackberry plan + voice plan cost of $40+ish).

However, laptops are getting so small and cheap that I'm leaning to having a basic text/voice paln (if not just prepaid voice minutes) for the basic cell phone (of course home phone was gone 10 years ago), and then going with the wireless card ($39.99) for the laptop/web access. Probably saves few $100 per year

KathyC
04-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm a very simple person, my phone rings and I say Hello.....:D

I just recently learned how to text.........:rolleyes:

Brad
04-03-2010, 08:21 AM
However, laptops are getting so small and cheap that I'm leaning to having a basic text/voice paln (if not just prepaid voice minutes) for the basic cell phone (of course home phone was gone 10 years ago), and then going with the wireless card ($39.99) for the laptop/web access. Probably saves few $100 per year
My Lenovo laptop has the AT&T cell card built in. So, I have multiple profiles to connect at different places. One of them is to connect to AT&T.

Anna LeBlanc
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm a very simple person, my phone rings and I say Hello.....:D

I just recently learned how to text.........:rolleyes:

Kathy,I'm like you.My phone doesn't even have a camera built into it.I want to talk to someone not read a text message from them.:rolleyes:

ANNA

MelNino
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Hahahha, I am just the opposite....I hate talking on the phone...I will txt, IM, email, talk in person....but the talk on the phone? No way!

Anna LeBlanc
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Hahahha, I am just the opposite....I hate talking on the phone...I will txt, IM, email, talk in person....but the talk on the phone? No way!

Writing on the forums and e-mailing are as close as I get to texting.I don't want to lose my verbal communications skills.:p

MelNino
04-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Hmm...if I *do* get the iPhone, I can post in the board while hiking......(yes, I did "Tweet" from the summit last time I went up MWN)

mtruman
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I've got a Droid Eris on Verizon. Very happy with it. Love the Android OS and apps. VZ service in RI isn't perfect but overall I think it's the best option. Wish the Android 2.1 upgrade would get rolled out soon. Have two upgrades left on our family plan though and may use one for a Nexus One when VZ has them (hopefully soon).

Brad
04-05-2010, 08:47 AM
To talk to someone on the phone you both have to be awake and home or at a phone and not busy. If I want to call a friend in England, I would have to call at 2AM to catch them before they head out to work. Too much trouble trying to schedule everything.

Text or e-mail or Facebook is so much easier to deal with.

MelNino
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Text or e-mail or Facebook is so much easier to deal with.

Exactly!! :D

Snow Miser
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I too definitely prefer email and Facebook over a phone conversation, especially when communicating with those that can be very chatty. It's so much easier to get a message across via text, email or FB instead of having to spend an hour on the phone. But, there are occasions when a voice on the other end is nice too.:)