PDA

View Full Version : Alex on the Kitchen Sisters website (NPR)

TrishandAlex
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Warning: Proud Parent Post ahead...there, you've been warned...:)

The Kitchen Sisters of NPR are currently doing a wonderful series on strong young women, entitled "The Hidden World of Girls: Girls and the Women They Become." I phoned in our story and they chose to put Alex on page two of their "Feature" section.

http://www.kitchensisters.org/girlstories/themes/featured/page/2/

Jimmy Legs and Little d
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Trish,
Very, very nice story. It may be the beginning of things to come for Alex.

Donna and Mike:)

Snow Miser
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Very nice story Trish! She must have been very excited to see her photo and story published on that website.

CHRIS
04-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Very very nice. I really liked the audio part of Alex.

TrishandAlex
04-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks, everyone! Alex did get a kick out of seeing and hearing herself. We both hope the Kitchen Sisters decide to contact us and go further with this story, as we would love to hike with them!

KathyC
04-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's terrific!! I'd be bursting with pride too!!

Anna LeBlanc
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Great news for you Trish and Alex.It's nice to see that there are still some truly decent children in this world for parents to be proud of!!;)

Anna

mtruman
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
No warning needed - you should be VERY proud. Alex and Sage are going to grow up to be two very strong, capable women. Since I'm late in responding to this I believe that Alex has now been awarded her 4000 footer patch (and you as well) tonight. Awesome accomplishment for you both. If things hadn't been quite so upside down for us at the moment we would have been there tonight to cheer for you!

TrishandAlex
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Anna, Kathy and Mark, thank you. Mark, we do now have our scrolls. The ceremony was great. We enjoyed not only receiving our own awards, but watching everyone else get theirs too. It was a fun evening. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you, but I do hope to run into you again on the trails sometime.

ALSO:

I must make a correction -- on the website, I am quoted as saying that Alex is the youngest girl to finish the NH48. Turns out I am wrong -- she is the second youngest girl (I found out at the AMC awards ceremony tonight).

This doesn't make any difference to Alex or me, but I certainly don't want to propagate false information. I've called in the correction to NPR, and I've left a comment in the comments section (though the comments are moderated and therefore my statement might take a few days to show up).

Sorry for my mistake!

TrishandAlex
04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
The link has changes a bit, now it's

http://www.kitchensisters.org/girlstories/7-year-old-mountain-climber/