PDA

View Full Version : Routes

Wendellator
04-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Hello i am looking to climb MT washington in July, Just looking for some beta on different routes. Perferably the less traveled ones, Trying to avoid the masses.

Thanks Wendell

Charlie
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
well then do hike on the 24 because there will be a lot of people for seek the peak

claaky23
04-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Did r.t. by the Great Gulf last June 20th, saw NO ONE. Bring a compass though, as there are no Cairns on the headwall. My cousin and I came up well off of the trail, and the headwall is fairly scary on the steep, less-traveled sections.

Bill O
04-16-2010, 07:23 AM
We did Huntington on Seek the Peak day a few years ago and saw only a few other climbers on the way up. Lots of crowds (that's relative, its no Mount Fuji) on the way down Tuckerman, but I don't mind seeing other people on the trail.

Addicted
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Mt W in July=lots of people.

But I have to say, we went up Tux and down Lion's head in August on a beautiful day and there were tons of people, however, you never really feel like there's a lot of people. It's strange. Of course, we did have to fight for our summit pic! Leaving super early always helps too. There are a lot of people out there that think a 10am departure time is a good idea.... I like the 7 am hour or earlier!

Brad&Val
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM
If you're going to hike from the east side, I enjoy Lions Head or Huntington up and Boots Spur down. Huntington can be a bit tricky but Boots Spur is relatively straight forward with some wonderful views.

From the west, the classic is up the Ammo and down Jewel.