PDA

View Full Version : ObsCast Contest?

BAXTERCA2
04-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Since I'm a new member to the Mt Washington Observatory, I thought I'd poke around the website to places I wasn't able to go before.
Sort of "Boldly go where no one has gone before" except if you're already a member.

I ended up watching all the 2010 ObsCast this afternoon and wondered: Shouldn't there be some sort of Monthly ObsCast contest?
Funniest
Most educational
Etc

Throwing it out there to the forum. Has this been done before? Should it be done? What do you think?

Brad
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Karen,

Welcome to the group. The contests we have done so far have had a definite way of deciding the winner - max temp, first day with more than 2 inches of snow, etc. How would this be judged?

BAXTERCA2
04-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi Brad -
I was kind of throwing it out there to the forum to get some feedback. I could come up with a definite way to judging the ObsCast but, there doesn't seem to be much interest in it.

Maybe everyone is waiting to see when the Cog train will appear. :cool:

Charlie
04-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Brad -
I was kind of throwing it out there to the forum to get some feedback. I could come up with a definite way to judging the ObsCast but, there doesn't seem to be much interest in it.

Maybe everyone is waiting to see when the Cog train will appear. :cool:

the obscast is only made by the people that work at the OBS so i dont get how the could be a contest on it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

and yes we are waiting for the Cog to appear :D i hope there is nothing wrong with that :mad::cool: